Another help me pick a laptop thread

teef

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
1. What is your budget? 800ish

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15in

3. What screen resolution do you want?1600x900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? uh both-ish?

5. How much battery life do you need? At least a few hours. More would definitely be better, but it's not like a dealbreaker or anything.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? mmmh, probably just stuff like tomb raider games, and sims. maybe left 4 dead. medium quality's fine for me.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and video editing, photoshop, illustrator, indesign, all those sorts of things.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Mmh, at least a few hundred gigs.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? A few years at least.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? CD/DVD drive would be nice, I suppose. I don't think it's really a deal breaker though.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'd like to either be able to go in a store and get it or get it from a well known/trustworthy site.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Here's a good HP for your price.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv7-7010us-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0085RZPPA/?tag=amazons0d8-20

And here's a good Asus for your price

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-X75VD-DB51-17-3-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B008BF7VLC/?tag=amazons0d8-20

Both laptops are good for the price they're offering. Their processors are average, when compared to higher models with core i7 processors, but they'll be good enough for you to manage without any problems. Both have at least 6GB RAM, which will also help the average processor run smoothly. Take a look at their specs and see if it's what you're looking for. :)

teef

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012

hmm. the dv6z-7200 and n56DP do look good. I like the sound of the asus, I'll have to check around and see if I can find it somewhere for a price like that elsewhere

thanks for the info!

teef

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012

thanks for taking the time to answer, but I am more preferable to a 15in or even 14in. I do want it to be semi portable and 17in laptops aren't as friendly for lugging around.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012