Another Look at the Gorgeous Nokia Lumia 900 LTE Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]bhaberle[/nom]Nice looking phone! Cannot wait to hear more about it.[/citation]

it's a Nokia phone running windows on the AT&T network...

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]it's a Nokia phone running windows on the AT&T network...[/citation]
And?

(assuming you have more important things to do in life than to bash these companies for your own cynical anger release?)

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Its a shame because I would of been interested in that phone but noo they had to make it exclusive with AT&T only which suck balls.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Since AT&T service is about 90% as good as Verizon (and it is in every unbiased (read: non-hater-based) test), you must think Verizon (and therefore all other carriers) pretty much 'suck balls' too. What do you do? Communicate by a land line? Seriously.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I think all contract service based suck balls. I prefer no contract and pay as go service sadly you rarely see good phones for those.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I think all contract service based suck balls. I prefer no contract and pay as go service sadly you rarely see good phones for those.[/citation]
You can buy these phones outright in the Europe and "pay as you go"

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Does anyone know, if you purchase an unlocked Windows phone like this one, do you get updates through Windows, through the manufacturer, or through the carrier? I am curious, because for an Android phone one has to wait for the carrier to push the latest updates, or root it and get them over-the-counter, so to speak. Sometimes the manufacturer pushes updates, also, so I would like to know how this update business works in Windows Phone. Thanks.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Gorgeous? My ass. It looks like a phone. Nothing more, nothing less. Calling a phone gorgeous is weird to begin with, but after looking at it, it's even weirder.

Look at Marilyn Monroe. Look at Monica Bellucci. Look at this phone. Which one doesn't fit?

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
"It took Nokia a while to get itself geared up for its transition to Windows Phone"
You're effing kidding right?
The time between ditching Symbian (at last) and shipping the WP7 phones was incredibly short, even if the 800 and 900 were strongly related to their existing hardware.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Its a shame because I would of been interested in that phone but noo they had to make it exclusive with AT&T only which suck balls.[/citation]
So, stop whining and buy it outright without a contract and you can take it to whatever carrier you want. Thats what I do and over the same period a contract would last I save hundreds (sometimes over $1000) over the subsidized+contract price.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Lumia 800+ front facing cam+ slightly bigger screen +LTE tada! a new phone!. yes it is gorgeous but redundant as well. And I really do not like Nokia following apple's strategy.

AMDkid1

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
When will MS and Apple learn...your phones have fallen behind, too many restrictions, no SD micro, apps cost more. Android is really user friendly. And is leading the smartphone industry. For the price of Smartphones these days, my phone should do nearly whatever I want it to do.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
So how much is Tomshardware being paid to promote this failure of a device?

This isn't the first non-objective article we've seen bigging up the phone, as the title suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.