Another person has accessed your microsoft account

Status
Not open for further replies.

gran172

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
Hey, so i just recieved a message on my phone saying that somebody else may have accesed to my microsoft account, i logged in to check what was going on, on recent activity somebody with an IP from russia or china tried logging in using an application named "POP3", i already changed my password on my account. Should i worry about it? Is there something else i should do? Thanks

Solution
Change your password, and you'll be fine. Enable 2 step verification for your phone, to prevent it from happening in the future. No reason to worry. If someone stole money from you, your bank would tell you. Unless the security isn't very high. Now, be vary of email messaged. Even if you open a .PDF, your PC can be completely taken over, so don't click on any links at all that you don't recognize.
Change your password, and you'll be fine. Enable 2 step verification for your phone, to prevent it from happening in the future. No reason to worry. If someone stole money from you, your bank would tell you. Unless the security isn't very high. Now, be vary of email messaged. Even if you open a .PDF, your PC can be completely taken over, so don't click on any links at all that you don't recognize.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.