Antivirus for gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Ok ive heard that antivirus can run in the background cutting back your performance while gaming. I heard that norton is especially bad about this and that is what i currently have. any suggestions for a good antivirus from a reputable company that will work best on a gaming pc?

Solution
Avast is extremely non-intrusive. You can also schedule boot-time scans by which it will quarantine/remove viruses before windows even loads. This way, if you suspect you have an issue, you can run the boot-time scan and it can detect and quarantine/remove the virus before it starts running in the Windows environment. It will also scan your system restore files.

I have not had to re-format a system since I've had this running on all my PCs (6) the last 4 years.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I use avast and it doesnt seem to cause problems. You can also right-click on the tray icon and you'll have options to disable for 10 minutes, 1 hour, or until rebooted. it also has a silent gaming mode so that no popups will be displayed while gaming in full screen.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Avast is extremely non-intrusive. You can also schedule boot-time scans by which it will quarantine/remove viruses before windows even loads. This way, if you suspect you have an issue, you can run the boot-time scan and it can detect and quarantine/remove the virus before it starts running in the Windows environment. It will also scan your system restore files.

I have not had to re-format a system since I've had this running on all my PCs (6) the last 4 years.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.