Any Help with this BSOD?

ftdsn244

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
So, my laptop has just been shutting down after about a minutes or so. Most of the time won't even boot up, even shuts down if I just let it sit in the BIOS.

Finally the first time I get a BSOD before it shuts down.

0xf4 a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited

I have the minidump, posted below. If you need more info from the mini just let me know. TY

http://

Solution
the error returned was:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

your ram is reported as bank 0 dimm1 a 4gb Samsung memory stick
then bank 0 dimm2 as a 2 gb Hynix memory stick.

I would think that somewhare in your bios you have these interleaved in which case both modules should be the same size.

I would pull out the 2 gb module and reset the bios to defaults and reconfigure.
also since your bios is very old 2011 you should see if you can up date it to a 2012 version or newer just so your usb ports will work correctly. USB spec changed in 2012.

also check your date and time in bios to see if it is correct. failure of a battery on the motherboard will set the system bios info to...

ftdsn244

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have nothing on the HDD. I'm trying to do a clean install. It doesn't even make it to the install screen on Windows 7 disc. Starts to load. I click accept and shuts down. One time it actually got started installing, got to like 10% and then shutdown. I had to put the HDD in another laptop and install Windows on that, then transferred the HDD over to this one.

Believe it or not for the first time today I had it running fine. I had a youtube video playing, and a few webpages open. Didn't shutdown for hours straight. I Shut it down by itself and started again.

ftdsn244

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Edit- Full dump
http://

I just don't get it. It boots to Windows and is fine now. Watch movies, etc. Temp is good, no issues.

However,

- It won't sit in bios for longer than a few minutes without shutting down. Doing nothing. Just sitting in BIOS.

- It won't do a Memory test from the Bios because it doesn't stay on long enough. (Almost positive it's not the ram chips themselves because I already swapped out a good stick from my personal laptop that I checked in the bios memory test before swapping to the bad laptop and it flew through it). Just gets a few minutes into testing on the bad laptop and shuts down.

- Won't do chkdsk because again, it just shuts down at about 11%

- Can't reinstall windows...again it shuts down. Most of the time won't even start to reinstall. Just get to the accept box and MAYBE the Hard Drive selection box before shutting down.

- However, even if it shuts down when sitting in BIOS, doing ram test or trying to reinstall windows. I turn it right on and let it boot to Windows all the way. No problems, laptop works perfectly fine!

It all seems to happen before Windows actually boots. Bad BIOS? What the heck could it be????

BTW, I took out the HDD and let it sit in bios...again shuts down. So I am almost positive it's nothing to do with the Ram or HDD. Also swapped the CPU itself. Still the same thing.

Again everything just happens to mess up if I don't let it boot to Windows. Once it gets there it's a perfectly fine laptop. No errors, no overheating according to HWmonitor.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
the error returned was:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

your ram is reported as bank 0 dimm1 a 4gb Samsung memory stick
then bank 0 dimm2 as a 2 gb Hynix memory stick.

I would think that somewhare in your bios you have these interleaved in which case both modules should be the same size.

I would pull out the 2 gb module and reset the bios to defaults and reconfigure.
also since your bios is very old 2011 you should see if you can up date it to a 2012 version or newer just so your usb ports will work correctly. USB spec changed in 2012.

also check your date and time in bios to see if it is correct. failure of a battery on the motherboard will set the system bios info to defaults. batteries last about 5 years.

Solution