Any negative effects from removing Asus Live Update?

TonyNewbie

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I've uninstalled Asus Live Update from my Asus X501A because I want to get rid of some unnecessary programs and bloatware. Will my computer work ok without it? I'd read that it is a memory hogging and buggy program which is why I removed it. All I really use my computer for is surfing the web and Youtube. Thanks for any advise in advance. (Tony the computer newbie!).

TonyNewbie

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

Thanks Brett. There seemed to be a mixture of opinion when I did a google search about Asus live update. Although the general opinion is that it is better removed. Being rather new to this computer lark, I'm not sure what it does, but if things are just sitting there taking up space in the hard-drive, and are of no real benefit to my simple usage of my computer, then I'd rather throw them out. But jeepers!, what do I know?! - I've had my present car for 3 years, and there are still a whole load of buttons and switches on the dashboard that I'm not brave enough to investigate!! -Thanks again Brett, and if anyone else can kindly add their opinion,it would be greatly appreciated.- Tony. (Anything else worth uninstalling to keep things clean?)

Hi Tony :)

To be honest , you can remove just about anything that starts with the word ASUS in the add/remove list apart from your Webcam software...

All the best Brett :)