Any Video Converter Coverts Videos in Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Is this a good video converter?

I have been using handbrake for converting videos to an appropriate Ipod and Xbox format, and it seems to work well enough. But I am always looking for something better that is free :)

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]Is this a good video converter? I have been using handbrake for converting videos to an appropriate Ipod and Xbox format, and it seems to work well enough. But I am always looking for something better that is free[/citation]

Any Video Converter is VERY nice! It doesn't get along well with my Windows 7 x64, though. Back when I had 32 bit Vista, I used it very very often simply for ripping songs from youtube.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I've been using AVC for a while and it does what it's supposed to. Nothing flashy and doesn't have all the functionality of the pro version but works.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I have always had issues with the 'Any Video Converter' editions. From XP, Vista and now 7. This free version does not support AVI format either.

I currently use AVS Video Converter 6 and that does everything I want. You can set various formats, resolutions and set up files in 'Batch Mode' so you can set it going and have a whole TV series done overnight.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
[citation][nom]wtfiscovertvideo[/nom]How exactly does one "covert" videos? Can this be used to hide my pr0n collection?[/citation]

... it converts from one format to another... flash to mp4... etc.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
The websites boasts that it has over 65 million happy users. I doubt that. I wonder how many of those users have multiple computers or have reformatted and reinstalled their computers with this product. I also wonder how this compares to Real player, which I already use to download YouTube videos and convert them to MP3.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
get ConvertXtoDVD from the torrents (oh.. i mean go buy it), it is by far the best converter i have used.

Drag and drop conversion @ it's best... it is idiot proof. I use it to convert any format to DVD format for those friends who dont have PC connected to TV or a USB drive on their dvd player or TV. Four movie AVI's on one DVD, sometimes five...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]I have always had issues with the 'Any Video Converter' editions. From XP, Vista and now 7. This free version does not support AVI format either.[/citation]

Thats funny... I've been saving my files into AVI files for over a year since I started using AVC... and even the current version saves in AVI so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I use AVC to convert my DVR-HTPC files into a smaller compressed format. or Merge video together - since I may edit out TV ADs.

AVC trimming functions suck thou. Its not accurate... :( Really, theres no excuse why it works like crap in that area, otherwise the program works very well.

Quick tip when using AVC: Go into the Video (Tab) settings and MAX out the AUDIO/VIDEO Sync. Otherwise you audio will eventually become out of sync.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Sooooo... from it's name it implies that in can convert ANYTHING. can it make videos that work on my phone? Or turn them into music only for my phone?

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Quick tip when using AVC: Go into the Video (Tab) settings and MAX out the AUDIO/VIDEO Sync. Otherwise you audio will eventually become out of sync.[/citation]

Going to have to reinstall this program, and try this tip. Some of my conversions kept getting spit out with out of sync audio.... I eventually said heck with it and just resorted to other less legal means of getting my video's in the format I needed... lol If this works out then I will be all legal again :) er well mostly since I guess its not really legal to back up movies even for personal use anymore? (I can't keep track of the changes anymore...)

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I use format factory it is just brilliant. It converts enything into anything (including divx xvid, h263 h264,3gp mp4 ..... also pictures) well manly everything and it also works on x64 win7 and it's free.

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Personally, I love MeGUI for converting videos or re-encoding i guess...
Works wonders for my 360 as well as ipod touch! Haven't tried the settings for the PS3, but I'm sure it works well too!

I have tried AVC, but I got pissed at it because I had problems with it on a 64bit OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.