Anyone ever actually recovered an ASUS laptop, from BIOS corruption?

Knowmansoul

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I'd like to know what it looks like to actually recover the BIOS from CD, USB Flash or HD. I have seen it done with desktop motherboards, but, without a reference point on my laptop, I'm just hoping to guess how to do it.
If someone has done it, what are the steps.
I am working blind on this laptop Q500A, especially since the monitor is black when it powers up.

Knowmansoul

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

The system was working prior to UEFI boot manager change in the BIOS. Saved the changes and attempted to reboot without POST and black (no signal at all) screen.
Yes, I first tried the HDMI then HD-15 VGA. No signal.
No beep, no flashing LEDs, Power LED lighted and stable, Keyboard backlight comes on immediately and stays stable
Hold CTRL + HOME and the keyboard backlight will remain off while the HD LED lights and flickers for 5-10 seconds then goes out, DVD spins up if disk is in or just clicks if no disk, flash drive plugged into USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports will illuminate and flicker 5 or 6 times at the same time the HD LED will flicker, then everything stops and the Keyboard backlight illuminates and remains on and no more mechanical activity from HD or DVD, no more flicker or illumination of the flash drive.

Knowmansoul

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

I have tried this with my current BIOS for the laptop. I named the file Q500A.BIN and Q500A.207. I got those two file names from a BIOS mod tool that I read would analyze the file and give me the names to use for the recovery.
Prior to that, I tried every file name option I could imagine as a logical possibility for my system and based on several online forum BIOS recovery success stories with AMI or AMI/Aptio bios.
My system has had some variations after the attempts at recovery, but, still no success.
One time after the attempted recovery, it would no longer even power on. I had to dislodge the CMOS battery over night, then the next morning it would come on and do the typical no POST.

Knowmansoul

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

It has Black Screen of Death. But, thanks for trying. I have a new BIOS chip. But, since the bios is soldered to the mobo, I may try to piggyback, just to get it booted into the bios screen, then hopefully I can flash it fresh, with the current firmware.