Anyone out there with the LG laser projector? Thinking of gettting one as my first every tv purchase.

With any projector you do need to be able to control the ambient light and especially the light that would fall directly on the screen. If you can do that there is no substitute for a really big screen. There are screens that reject ambient light but they are not cheap. Projectors don't handle HDR as well as better flat panel TVs but you are less likely to get halos around bright objects on a dark background either.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I have a basement home theater room with no windows and a double bar with a dance floor in between. It's always been planned as the theater room. Shouldn't be any issue with any ambient light whenever we want to use it. I love that this model will go up to a max of 150'. My only concern with that is the angle of the projection as there is some duct work that hangs a little lower on one side of the room. Is there a way to mount the projector lower than ceiling height if that becomes an issue?