Aorus X5 V7 Keyboard not working + WHERE ARE DRIVERS

trubino10

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
Hello, I just got my X5 V7 about two weeks ago. I love it... Loved it, until it started <<snip>> the bed. First, the keyboard backlighting stopped working. I tried going into Fusion, and it wouldn't do anything like it was frozen. I updated the Fusion software, still nothing. Then, the keyboard started typing the wrong letters, and just didn't work at all. It would type an "r" if I typed "e" and so on and so forth. I tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, system restore, even a FACTORY RESET and still nothing. I'm really not happy with it because not only did I lose all of my Aorus software (in which I cannot for the life of me find online so I'm screwed), but the damned keyboard still doesn't work. The customer service doesn't answer calls on weekends and Microsoft told me to get back to them after I called Aorus. I bought it through XOTIC so I might just ask for a new one. I'm really pissed. I spent way too much money for this to not work.

Solution
I have this exact same problem!! Just as you describe it, I really don't want to go through the hassle of RMAing it because I have college coming up in 2 weeks and I need it by then, but I am hesitant to open it up and reseat the cable 1. Because of the warranty and 2. Because the ribbon seems to connect on the BACKSIDE of the mobo from what I can tell... if anyone knows anything about this PLEASE HELP THIS MAN (and me :p)

PS: as for the part about the drivers, they're on the usb stick they ship included with the laptop, if you don't have that for whatever reason they're on this page:

https://resources.aorus.com/Product/Download/X5%20v7

homeyg1234567

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I have this exact same problem!! Just as you describe it, I really don't want to go through the hassle of RMAing it because I have college coming up in 2 weeks and I need it by then, but I am hesitant to open it up and reseat the cable 1. Because of the warranty and 2. Because the ribbon seems to connect on the BACKSIDE of the mobo from what I can tell... if anyone knows anything about this PLEASE HELP THIS MAN (and me :p)

PS: as for the part about the drivers, they're on the usb stick they ship included with the laptop, if you don't have that for whatever reason they're on this page:

https://resources.aorus.com/Product/Download/X5%20v7

Solution