Apple Accused of Altering Galaxy Tab Image for Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]NOt at all surprised.[/citation]

+1
Desperate and low class moves like this make me not want to buy products from this company.

Despicable.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Since Apple doctored Jobs' photo to make him look like a human being, they believe they can get away with doctoring everything.
A tablet is a tablet; they all look somewhat similar, and even a blind person could feel it's way around this one and tell it's not an iPad.
Apple deserves to be taken to the same court for altering/fabricating evidence and defamation. After all, Samsung should be offended for having their tablet likened to the other p.o.s.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"We'll update you if and when Apple speaks out."

Who cares, apple have shows their shady dealings once again - i wont believe a word that comes out of that company! Maby for a fanboi or fanboyess it matters, the rest... not so much!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Despite this obvious alteration presented the courts in Europe the Samsung's product was still banned from being sold. I knew this was a low blow from Apple to just temporarily kick Samsung out of the market to cause them loss in sales and advertising but the fact that this obvious factor was not caught the second the pictures were provided is a joke.

What next? We find out Apple's lawyers provided the Galaxy Tab and put it in a case specificly
making it the exact dimensions of the iPad?

SapienChavez

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
please stop referring to apple HQ as "cupertino"

there are a lot of good people in Cupertino that may not want that association :)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
why would a national court accept a few papers with claims instead of physical proof. That court needs to be investigated and apple should really start emptying those pockets because HTC and Samsung have little old Jobs by the balls. This is turning out to be the best news week Ive seen in a long time lol.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]SapienChavez[/nom]please stop referring to apple HQ as "cupertino"there are a lot of good people in Cupertino that may not want that association[/citation]

It's standard practice to keep the written word varied - instead of repeating Apple all the time, just mix it up occasionally with Cupertino, or the Cupertino-based company.

It's exactly the same with Microsoft and Google stories citing Redmond and Sunnyvale (and Mountain View). Granted, residents of Redmond and Sunnyvale may not want those associations either, but it's hardly something to dig at the author or Apple over.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
This reminds me of the day I was banned from the college network for sending network messages. I wasn't even at college that day and found out the following morning. I asked to look at the evidence; it was a mockup featuring a desktop screenshot, along with a blank message box, in all its low-DPI glory, with a 300dpi message superimposed on the box. How I laughed at the IT staff for that one. Suffice to say, the ban was extremely short-lived.

The stuff some people will pull.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
A disgusting parasite like Apple, feeding on the ignorance and stupidity of people, can be expected to do anything. No I am not surprised.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]why would a national court accept a few papers with claims instead of physical proof. That court needs to be investigated and apple should really start emptying those pockets because HTC and Samsung have little old Jobs by the balls. This is turning out to be the best news week Ive seen in a long time lol.[/citation]

If you actually read the article you'd know that the judge physically inspected each of the tablets.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
[citation][nom]SapienChavez[/nom]please stop referring to apple HQ as "cupertino"there are a lot of good people in Cupertino that may not want that association[/citation]

LOL, good one!

On a more serious note, if you live in Cupertino, enjoy having Apple there while it lasts. I'm sure they create a lot of local jobs and business (in retail, services, construction, not just at Apple itself). We've had Nortel doing this for Ottawa, ON in the 90's. It really hurt when Nortel disappeared.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]LOL, good one!On a more serious note, if you live in Cupertino, enjoy having Apple there while it lasts. I'm sure they create a lot of local jobs and business (in retail, services, construction, not just at Apple itself). We've had Nortel doing this for Ottawa, ON in the 90's. It really hurt when Nortel disappeared.[/citation]

Sorry to get off topic but... Ottawa is the Capital of your nation, and one tech company going under put a hurt on the local economy? I am torn over whether it's a good thing or bad thing that in the US, the largess of the federal government in our capital makes a company like Nortel (hell even a dozen Nortels) inconsequential in the overall jobs picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.