Apple AirPods Pro 2 vs. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds 2: Which earbuds win?

Sep 23, 2022
Nice review.

Has Apple solved the problem with using AirPods microphone for things like Zoom meetings on a Mac? That's probably the biggest issue with older AirPods where using the AirPod microphone drains the AirPod in under an hour and forces use of the laptop microphone. Not sure why and doesn't seem to be an issue when on a phone.

This has been the biggest limiter for me upgrading to newer AirPods.

Sep 23, 2022
Mine donmt drain in under an hour but it is significant on for example Teams. I think it's because they are only rated for 3 hours talk.
Nice review.

Has Apple solved the problem with using AirPods microphone for things like Zoom meetings on a Mac? That's probably the biggest issue with older AirPods where using the AirPod microphone drains the AirPod in under an hour and forces use of the laptop microphone. Not sure why and doesn't seem to be an issue when on a phone.

This has been the biggest limiter for me upgrading to newer AirPods.

Sep 23, 2022
I can't speak to the Bose buds, but between me and my girlfriend we've gone through 3 pairs of Airpod Pros within 2 years. If you're okay spending $250 on earbuds that will fail within 1-2 years, be my guest, they are nice while they work, but after my experience with gen 1 I'm not touching these things. All three pairs developed a very irritating rattling/buzzing in response to external noise after a while (this was within warranty, so we got our first pairs replaced... no such luck on the second set). The buzzing might be particular to the first generation, I have no idea what fails there, but the design is just fundamentally busted. If you use these daily and your skin is anything like mine, the microphone vents - which are flush with the outer surface of the earbuds - will collect and get clogged with skin oils within a couple of years and then neither the mic nor the noise cancelling work. There's no convenient way to handle them to avoid this, nor have I found a good way to clean them.