Apple Announces iPad 2 with Dual-core Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewpmathias

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Talk about a lot of typos. OMG.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of Apple to begin with so the iPad is lame to me. With Apple devices you can only do what Apple wants you to do with them.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Nice second iteration. Well priced and suitably endowed. The software package is superb. iPad 3 will be a corker...

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I like it and it is more tempting than the now older iPad1, but I can't justify to myself why I need one right now as I am glued to my seat 10 hours a day. I am going to wait for the iPad 3, but I think that even the Macbook Air is underpowered for my needs.

G

Anyone know if they upgraded the Ram? iPhone 4 has 512 while iPad 1 has 256...

Big effect of multi tasking and general operations. :\

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
*Sigh* still the same old iOS.

When Apple learns how to set it's users free from a closed system WITHOUT resorting to jailbreaking then I'll be interested.

Until then, Here's my thoughts.

Seems like a fine product but I think 9x increase in graphics performance is a bit of a lie, I'm a person who needs to see it to believe it, that would make it powerful enough to play the PC version of UT3 on medium which is a hell of a lot of power.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
lLOL at the haters.

Minor upgrades? Single core to dual-core is minor? 2X the processor and 9X the graphics is minor? Keeping the same battery life is minor? Adding two cameras is minor? Making it slimmer and lighter is minor? Keeping it at the same price is minor?

Yeah, you're right. It's barely an improvement on the old one.

Go ahead and buy a competitors tablet. But don't complain at the lack of (and poor selection) of accessories like docks or cases. Don't whine when developers shy away from 30 different tablets, each with slightly different specs. Don't start bitching when, after less than a year, they drop out of the tablet market due to poor sales and you're stuck with an obsolete product.

G

@gpog

damn i must be getting old but i remember when magnets and electronic devices were a no no.....

G

@ericburnby

because having to buy custom overpriced docks/cases/accessories makes sense (as opposed to using something like USB maybe....), i guess it's just too much to ask for a tablet that runs mainstream apps cause you know all these clouds apps beat them hands down right......, and your telling me the iPad released 1 year ago is not obsolete......

Status
Not open for further replies.