Apple Apologizes for Baby Shaker Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]aalkema[/nom]Who cares? I don't get why these kind of things bother people! Why do they have to apologize?[/citation]

Could be because thousands of people are raising brain damaged children because they got frustrated or desperate when it was a few weeks old. They probably feel bad enough without games that make fun of SBS.

aalkema

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Could be because thousands of people are raising brain damaged children because they got frustrated or desperate when it was a few weeks old. They probably feel bad enough without games that make fun of SBS.[/citation]

I see what you're saying, I just think are too easily up in arms. I don't think this was marketed at those people. If it doesn't have any effect on you, just don't buy it. I don't think Apple should be held responsible for this.

I in no way encourage shaking your babies though!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]aalkema[/nom]I see what you're saying, I just think are too easily up in arms. I don't think this was marketed at those people. If it doesn't have any effect on you, just don't buy it. I don't think Apple should be held responsible for this.I in no way encourage shaking your babies though![/citation]

I get what you're saying in that people are going overboard, but I think it's an exaggeration to say you don't get why these things bother people.

aalkema

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I get what you're saying in that people are going overboard, but I think it's an exaggeration to say you don't get why these things bother people.[/citation]

Yah, you're probably right. Perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration. I think we're on the same level now!

st430

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
that is part of the billion iphone apps.
most iphone apps are useless craps.
I can say up to 80%.(even when you check top 50 apps)

like there is like 10 to 15 apps to make your iphone to be a flash light kind of crap.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Now, I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy that app... But seriously, people who shook their babies are the ones complaining about this app? Shouldn't they be in jail or something??

Seriously, I don't think this app is all that bad, it just needs to carry a message. Wouldn't that be a good tool to get the message across to new or expecting parents? Shake the iphone but instead of just two red Xs on the babie's eyes, splash a big message on screen saying : YOU JUST KILLED YOUR CHILD, NICE WORK DOUCHEBAG! NEVER SHAKE A CHILD!

You could also add a feature so that you could make the baby stop crying by gently rocking the iphone, sing to it (it has mic). Sounds corny, but most people who have an iPhone spend a lot of time dry humping it anyway.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I finally figured out why many people don't like Apple. Apple is like a communist country, they control the distribution of apps and hardware for their devices. As with the world, when given a choice between controlled environment and free choice environment people tend to go with freedom.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I finally figured out why many people don't like Apple. Apple is like a communist country, they control the distribution of apps and hardware for their devices. As with the world, when given a choice between controlled environment and free choice environment people tend to go with freedom.[/citation]

The truth is, it has to be a mix of both. Apple probably has a few people over there who realized 95% of the population is dumb as bricks when it comes to technology so they made sure that the apps would be bug free, their hardware couldn't be tampered with (I heard a story about a guy who soldered the extra pins on a cpu because all the pins wouldn't fit in the socket).

The remaining 5% of people who know what they want and know how to use it are pissed because they have to work withing the confines of a system they know can do more.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
How a bout a new game called "Snooty Shaker". In the game you play Steve Jobs and you're job is to grab snooty Apple customers and shake them until all their cash falls out.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
[citation][nom]The Schnoz[/nom]How a bout a new game called "Snooty Shaker". In the game you play Steve Jobs and you're job is to grab snooty Apple customers and shake them until all their cash falls out.[/citation]
Fun, but it would never make it though the approval process, since it would offend every one of the apple drones.

bcolyer4

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
This app should have never even been thought of. The fact that someone is sick enough to sit there and think of this is disgusting. When you see what parents go through when their child is either killed by being shaken or has permanent brain damage from it then you might understand why so many of us were outraged at this app. Just amuse me and visit sbsresource.com and watch the video of just a few of the families that have been affected by shaken baby syndrome and then maybe you might understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.