Apple Asked for Probe into Stolen iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
For god sake Apple, so your phone leaked, big deal! Oh no free publicity! ...I'm really sick of Apple's behavior lately.

G

not leaked...stolen, sold, and tampered with. If someone steals my property,, i'd ask for a probe at minimum.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Screw you, Apple.

We put up with you constantly ripping us off but this is a new low. No company should have enough sway to order a raid on someone's home simply for PR.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]joeflo97[/nom]not leaked...stolen, sold, and tampered with. If someone steals my property,, i'd ask for a probe at minimum.[/citation] How was it stolen?

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Simply put, if you purchase property from someone that doesn't maintain rightful ownership of said property, you're an idiot. Dude should have treated that Iphone like a nuclear weapon and got as far away from it as possible.

I absolutely detest Apple and about 99.9% of the stuff they do, with that said, it is their property that is being passed around like a joint. This is going to set nice example for any future mishaps. If it doesn't belong to you, keep your freaking hands off.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Apple may rip some of you. I don't know about that. I, on the other hand pay for what I want or can afford, be an Apple product or a PC component. Please, don't pretend here anyone is representing weak victims. When I want a good case, better than average or with special features or a premium CPU or memory for my PC, the only way to get it is paying a premium price, if I am willing or I have the money. As a matter of fact Intel, ATI or NVIDIA and almost everyone ask you a good premium price for the last 20-30% of performance or distinction. And so it goes with most things beyond the computer world. What if you don't like a product or don't appreciate what it offers? Usually when everybody is shopping there is more not to like than to like. Someone may feel a product don't offer a good value and if that's the case that person won't buy it again.

As for the "stolen" iPhone prototype the best I can do is wait because at this time there is no enough information to make a final statement in favor or against Gizmodo or Apple.

Do I feel compassion for Jason Chen? Yes
Do I feel sorry for the guy who lost the prototype? Yes
Do I feel Jason did something not so smart? Yes
Do I think Jason was acting to protect the people's rights to be informed? No
But do I know the truth? No I don't

And I am not going to be so naive and pretend a big american corporation like Apple will stand still. Apple is a company very well known for their secrecy on new products, like it or not. And that becomes their right. Also, I have no reason to believe that the police is acting just on the Apple side. Apple is not the puppet master and the rest of the people are not victims per se. This is not the inquisition for those who don't like Apple and neither for those who pray for Apple. On the other hand there is a lot to be concern here. This is a serious issue and I think most people would want Jason to walk away very soon and clean from this but it looks not that simple.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Apple is seriously a low douche bag company. One of your own idiotic apes looses a prototype, and now they are requesting raids and such? Is it not their own responsibility to protect their product and to make sure that it does not get out before they want it to. How ridiculous, because of things like this I HAVE/WILL NOT EVER be a apple customer.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Apple asked police to investigate the purchase of lost property. I don't see anything wrong with that. It was the police who raided the home, not Apple.

Any company would do the same, I'm not sure why anyone would think Apple is any different.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
This is LOST property, not stolen. As such, Apple has first claim to it before anyone else. Laws state that the finder has claim to before ANYONE else BUT the true owner. I don't know about the person BUYING LOST property, but I sure know that the person who found it should not have sold it without trying to contact Apple.

Still, this and the engineer who got fired for showing Wozniak the iPad 3G exemplify why people (myself included) despise Apple.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
maybe i am being dense on this but..... isnt it true if you LOSE a item (which a apple tech did do) and someone else finds said item I would think it would become your item. If i lose my cell phone I could call police but chances are there not gonna care. But if I am a major corporation and I lose a item I can call the police and they will go and arrest someone. I guess i am lost to what this dude did wrong HE FOUND A PRODUCT that does not mean he stole it he then sold this product to someone that dint make it wrong doing he didn't work for a competitor and there is no corporate espionage to me this is just a case of apple screwed up and is pissed about it so lets randomly attack people kinda thing

G

next up apple will accidentally e-mail their source code for the iPhone OS to HTC, then send the police round to break down their door and confiscate all their computer equipment

they make it sound like the dude sneaked onto the apple campus and made off with the prototype or even lifted the damn thing out Mr Powell's pocket

come on people if you forgot a phone, chances are you've lost it, if your lucky someone might have handed it into the police but 80% the time you'd expect that it's a lost cause get the phone blocked and go and get another one, once the phone is wiped it has no real value, and yes there is a part of me that does sympathize with people who lose their stuff, but really if your that careless then maybe you should not be leaving the house with such expensive gear

Status
Not open for further replies.