Apple CarPlay Could Unlock or Start Car as You Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
my car key does something similar, it unfolds the side mirror then opens the puddle lamp so you could see near the door area.
but it does not open the door automatically, which i think is not safe.

and i do not know about high end cars, but what i know is that the hood is more mechanical so if you pop it open you have to push down to close it (not like the trunk where some can close it automatically). imagine if you go in front and the hood opens :)

of course, they could have though of all these and makes thinks easier , as much as i don't like apple, they do have a knack for improving things

LizY

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Just another thing that will get hacked. Apple can't secure iCloud and there isn't a single Apple device that can't be hacked or exploited. What makes anyone think that having a device be able to control many safety aspects of your car as a good thing? Can you imagine driving down the freeway and someone turns your car off, opens your doors, or pops your trunk? Apple is evil and I don't want it in any part of my life. This company is starting to have too much influence over too many aspects of people's lives.

PiyushM

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
okay so you parked your high end car in khan market, delhi. your iphone generates a geofence of your car. you leave. the car gets stolen.
but the crooks have no idea how to access the car without setting off the alarm and SoS. you return to the "geofence" to find your car missing. meanwhile the iphone cleverly sends an unlock signal. the crooks get just enough time to get in and unplug the ECU.. TADAAAAAA

PiyushM

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Scenario 2-
i park my car in a bylane in kamla nagar, delhi and go shopping. geofence constructed. and being a Apple loyalist i am, i use Apple maps. it takes a multi storeyed shop for my car's geofence. meanwhile another smalltime crook was trying to figure how to break into my car. doors unlock, engine starts..
TADAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.