Apple ''Confident'' AT&T Can Fix Network Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
In the vast majority of locations, we think iPhone customers are having a great experience

Apple must talk to different iphone users than I do.

We all saw the recent article about AT&T's network being $5BILLION behind Verizon's. I seriously doubt that AT&T will get everything fixed quickly. They want to roll out 4G, and I'd be willing to bet that they would rather spend money on 4G than fix 3G. They are already going to be about 6mos or so behind Verizon when they roll out LTE and are already a couple years behind Sprint. Blowing their money to fix 3G now would be a bad move in my book. They should swallow their pride, fire Luke Wilson, crawl back into their hole, and wait until they have a decent, reliable service that they can actually be proud of.

abstrakct

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
How exactly is apple delusional? They have proprietary computers, but, they control the whole thing and I believe that is why they simply work better than a Windows machine with parts from all over the world and drivers made by a dozen different companies. As for the iPhone, they absolutely sell it from multiple wireless providers, that opens the door to more customers.

abstrakct

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
How exactly is apple delusional? They have proprietary computers, but, they control the whole thing and I believe that is why they simply work better than a Windows machine with parts from all over the world and drivers made by a dozen different companies. As for the iPhone, they absolutely sell it from multiple wireless providers, that opens the door to more customers.

abstrakct

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009

G

Actually it would probably only improve the experience because people would spread the usage to different networks. Verizon or T-mobile will have network problems and AT&Ts problems will be reduced because they have fewer high bandwidth users. AT&T gets the brunt of customer dissatisfaction because they have chosen to have horrible customer service policies. That being said, I don't know of anyone that has a love affair with any of the US wireless companies. I doubt the experience will be better on a different network. The grass is always greener...

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]HAHAHA That's why AT&T lost its exclusivity on the iPhone. When the iPhone comes to Verizon AT&T will lose 1/2 of its iPhone customers. Steve Job knows he blew it going to AT&T only. If he had released the iPhone to every carrier? Even I'd be using one probably.[/citation]
In the USA, AT&T is the exclusive carrier of the iPhone. AT&T wireless phone service doesn't exist outside of the USA. Maybe you've forgotten, but Apple offered the iPhone to Verizon first. Verizon rejected it. As a result, all iPhones are GSM/HSPA phones and do not contain a 2G CDMA radio.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Gotta love Corporate Talk.
Apple is "Confident AT&T can fix network issues" translates to :
"Apple knows AT&T's 3G network is currently worthless and warns them to kindly fix it soon if they value their exclusivity deal."

Anybody who's worked in a corporate environment knows what it means when a manager is "confident" you can resolve an issue.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]abstrakct[/nom]How exactly is apple delusional? They have proprietary computers, but, they control the whole thing and I believe that is why they simply work better than a Windows machine with parts from all over the world and drivers made by a dozen different companies. As for the iPhone, they absolutely sell it from multiple wireless providers, that opens the door to more customers.[/citation]

iFail

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
ATT's problems go way beyond their network, but then they intend to make money, lots of money, so they have to do just enough work on their network and just enough advertising to keep the gravy train going. Verizon is certainly not without fault, as evidenced by their big increases in termination fees. I dare say none of the carriers are really great to their customers because they all want to make money.

Will an iphone even work on verizon's network? I thought they used a different type of network. Otherwise you could buy a used iphone and hack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.