Apple Drops the Price of the iPad 2 by $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
the factory refurbished ipad wifi 16gb is now $350. hmmm.. still $150 more than the kendle fire... but it is getting there.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
So, on the one hand the ipad seems still over-priced at that point for what it can do. But on the other hand, the poor Foxcon workers are working under such terrible conditions already, I hate to see more price pressure on them, but on the other hand Apple has much higher profit margins than the rest of the industry, but on the fourth hand I don't think that I'd buy this thing for $200 even.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I hate Apple but they do make the best tablets in the market, the iPad 1 is still better than any new tablets out there, if I had the money to spare I still wouldn't buy one, remember FOXCONN..

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]I hate Apple but they do make the best tablets in the market, the iPad 1 is still better than any new tablets out there, if I had the money to spare I still wouldn't buy one, remember FOXCONN..[/citation]

Why is it better?

Btw, most companies have their things made @ foxconn...

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
But... I don't want either the new iPad or the iPad 2. Just give me the $100.00 to eventually decide what to do with it.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]headscratcher[/nom]So, on the one hand the ipad seems still over-priced at that point for what it can do. But on the other hand, the poor Foxcon workers are working under such terrible conditions already, I hate to see more price pressure on them, but on the other hand Apple has much higher profit margins than the rest of the industry, but on the fourth hand I don't think that I'd buy this thing for $200 even.[/citation]

Getting to expensive to make things in china looks like the Philippines is the new cheap place to build stuff.

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]heh only 100 bucks cut? no thanks i would rather get a BB playbook[/citation]

You jest, surely? The iPad is worth the extra. Unlike the iPhone the iPad is actually worth the Apple premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
rad07 Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 5