Apple Expected to Launch New iPods on Sept. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hispeed120

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
^Haha agreed. I hope they release a 64GB touch and shift the prices of the 32GB and 16GB down accordingly. Don't care about the camera much...

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I`m going to bet they will either double capacity and maintain the same prices, or drop prices to match that of the Zune HD.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Oh here comes another ipod... same as the ones before it, just another way to steal money from the teens (who in turn steal the money from their parents). Apple is so pathetic, and I hate that, yet again, they will make billions on the same product they have already sold 4 times! If you have a 1st gen ipod, then update, but if you have the 2nd and beyond, then forget updating and be happy with what you got and SAVE YOUR MONEY!

omnimodis78,
The evolution of the ipod has been to double the capacity and keep the same price sticker. A good deal if you are in need of a player. Why would you call it stealing? They are not forcing you to upgrade to the newest ipod. If you need one then buy one, if not then do not.

I wouldnt call all of the ipod generations the same. They all have slightly different elements to them. Of course the overall design is going to be similar. Why fix what is not broken.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]omnimodis78,The evolution of the ipod has been to double the capacity and keep the same price sticker. A good deal if you are in need of a player. Why would you call it stealing? They are not forcing you to upgrade to the newest ipod. If you need one then buy one, if not then do not.I wouldnt call all of the ipod generations the same. They all have slightly different elements to them. Of course the overall design is going to be similar. Why fix what is not broken.[/citation]

It's because Apple has sold over 206 Million ipods to date. Given that roughly 25% of the population is over 65 or under 12 that means that close to every American should own an iPod now. Who are they possibly selling these things too if not repeat buyers?

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I still enjoying my 1st Gen nano as well. I use it primarily for jogging and exercising, so of the 2 GB's of Space I only use about 400 MB's :D

The great thing about the repeat buyers is that you get the last gen stuff for a fraction of the price. I'm looking forward to buying a Gen 2 touch for about $100 off someone at school, when they upgrade to the new gen :D

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I could have told you back in 2005 that Apple was going to release new iPods at a media event in September of 2009. In fact I will go out on a limb here and make an extremely bold prediction that in September of 2010 Apple will release new iPods. Bold, I know.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I could have told you back in 2005 that Apple was going to release new iPods at a media event in September of 2009. In fact I will go out on a limb here and make an extremely bold prediction that in September of 2010 Apple will release new iPods. Bold, I know.[/citation]

WTF RLY? I wonder how you know these things. It isn't as if they've happened before. *ponders* :p

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom] Apple is so pathetic, and I hate that, yet again, they will make billions on the same product they have already sold 4 times! [/citation]

Ever hear of Moore's Law? Well, it is technology and it will change quickly as the field evolves. But, I am sure there are no geeks who wait to buy the latest and greatest hardware...I mean after all we all use the same computers for 10 years or until they crap out on us. Right?

Do you still drive the same car you bought as a kid...or stole from your parents? So what if people like to spend their money on new toys, that is their prerogative and I don't know why you would even give a flying fart what they do with their money. Besides...it will help this ailing economy.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]It's because Apple has sold over 206 Million ipods to date. Given that roughly 25% of the population is over 65 or under 12 that means that close to every American should own an iPod now. Who are they possibly selling these things too if not repeat buyers?[/citation]

There ARE people outised the united states, you know that right?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Greg_77[/nom]Great, more cheap cameras to take really poor photos that can be posted all over the internet. Sigh...[/citation]
For not having any zoom capabilities, the iPhone takes pretty damn good pictures..

Status
Not open for further replies.