Apple Gets Sued by Motorola Over Phone Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
In your face, Apple! Although those so called patents look like common stuff we have on most smart phones, I still think that it's good that Apple is getting a taste of its own medicine.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Apple innovation at its best - Abuse others without paying up.

Only surprice was that the "antenna design" in the list, Motorola usualy has quite good reception levels while Ip4 has the worst in most tests.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Copyright and Patenting at it's best. Slowing human progress since 1709 and 1790, in favor of personal gain. A big hoppedi whop for civilization.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]x3style[/nom]Copyright and Patenting at it's best. Slowing human progress since 1709 and 1790, in favor of personal gain. A big hoppedi whop for civilization.[/citation]

patents aren't to bad, i believe that after so many years they go public and free for everyone to use.

but because of mikey mouse, we have a 75 year wait on copyright, which use to be 25 years.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... i think, patents should be open... when you do modifications, do it, but recognize the source... but, if you sit on a patent and don't evolve... this stops progress... and common... now all of touchscreen phones look like iPhone now? before there waz some PDA's but nothing, like now...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
motorola is jealous because they did not have enough know how to implement these technologies on their devices before the small apple did

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Day 1) Microsoft sues Motorola over smartphone patents
Day 2) Motorola sues Apple over smartphone patents

So what's the big story going to be for tomorrow?

Day 3) Apple sues Microsoft over smartphone patents

Everyone declares victory, all hand money around in a cirle and everyone agrees it was a big waste of time

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I never had an opinion more than "meh" about Motorola, specially since i never wanted a phone of theirs ( used to be really bad in phones back in the days and now here in Greece they arent all that supported with any of their best models so .. u know ) even though now with the whole Adriod thinking im doing in case I dont get a Windows Phone 7, just for them suing Apple over patterns I love them as a company. They simply won me over.

Never expected to hear about another patern, Apple or sueing related article and not feel the leas irritated. Let alone have them all in one article and actually enjoy reading about it! Yeah I know it sounds messed up but still.. Im honest :p

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
It's not a big news. It doesn't qualify to put on CNN, but news will be on every channel if other country did that, like the Chinese company etc... More exciting to drive up everyone's blood float.
:)

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Anyone else think they should have gone to law school to be a patent lawyer? Somehow I don't think the recession is affecting them to much right now.

Company A: Man, sales are down and we need to report good profits to the share holders. What can we do?
Patent Lawyer: LOLZ, go write a bunch of generic patents that vaguely describe every invention ever and then SUE EVERYONE
Company A: Anyone got any better ideas? ... Won't they just sue us back the same way?
Patent Lawyer: Who cares, its the American way as endorsed by the political morons who call a government. Oh and by the way my legal fees are 110% of whatever you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.