Apple Gives Downloader of 25 Billionth App $10k Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
You know, I was very close to buying my wife a ipad today....

But when I saw the iPod sitting there gathering dust, I was like "nah.....", got her a badack laptop instead.

=D

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
10K for iTune.... Do we have that many music to download?

Apple please show your sincere when providing free gift!

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
CKKwan, how can anyone complain about receiving FREE MONEY? There is no time limit on using iTunes credits... which equals free shows that you want to watch for YEARS!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]CKKwan[/nom]10K for iTune.... Do we have that many music to download?Apple please show your sincere when providing free gift![/citation]
You can buy movies, TV shows/series, Apps, iBooks and I think even Mac software from the Mac App Store. I could burn that $10K in a couple days no problem.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]You can buy movies, TV shows/series, Apps, iBooks and I think even Mac software from the Mac App Store. I could burn that $10K in a couple days no problem.[/citation]

I would have preferred the apple store instead. Who doesn't want a nice high end mac pro with all the latest goodies or a great big iMac along with a mac book pro.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
"Who doesn't want a nice high end mac pro with all the latest goodies or a great big iMac along with a mac book pro."

Ummmm I would actually like the 10k so that I can purchase a good laptop and not to be forced into some shiny drm infested
Jail like a mac book pro. I can think of a top of the line Asus.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]i am proud of being a iPhone user but....Are you serius? an iPhone is nothing without apps[/citation]

It didn't launch with apps. That came afterward. The iPhone was the first of it's kind of smart devices. Yes there where other "smart phones" at the time but nothing that was remotely close to the iPhone at the time of release. People did not really browse the web and there where not any 100% touch virtual qwerty non stylus phones on the market at the time.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]"Who doesn't want a nice high end mac pro with all the latest goodies or a great big iMac along with a mac book pro."Ummmm I would actually like the 10k so that I can purchase a good laptop and not to be forced into some shiny drm infestedJail like a mac book pro. I can think of a top of the line Asus.[/citation]

What is up with this DRM infested jail stuff you keep spewing and why are you now saying that about OSX. There is no DRM in OSX. Hell they don't event require you to use a CDkey when you install it and you also have full access to the root account if you want it. Oh, and he was talking about a Mac Pro and not the Macbook Pro. Mac Pro is the 12 core Xeon workstation class full tower machine. Macbook Pro would be the laptop line.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
^ What do you expect? Every single post del35 makes he always slips in a comment about DRM. I guess he still hasn't learned that DRM was removed from iTunes a long time ago.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Apple paid out 4 Billion for the 25 Billion downloads.
That's 16 cents each for the developers on average.
Makes me wonder how much APPLE made !

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]TeKEffect[/nom]10k for itunes? I would rather have a 10k gift card to the apple store[/citation]
and you'd just about be able to afford their cutting edge multi-patented mouse ;)

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]CKKwan, how can anyone complain about receiving FREE MONEY? There is no time limit on using iTunes credits... which equals free shows that you want to watch for YEARS![/citation]

How about free money he can actually spend? It would be difficult to spend 10k on iTunes alone. The gift card should have been an Apple gift card allowing him to buy hardware, software or music. That would be easier to spend.

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]franklin73466773[/nom]my buddy's mother brought home $13994 last month. she gets paid on the computer and moved in a $439500 house. All she did was get fortunate and put into action the instructions shown on this web page - LazyCash5.com[/citation]

Your mom's son is a son of a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.