Apple Hardware Designer Fired for iPhone Flaws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Mr. Papermaster's departure was driven by "a broader cultural incompatibility"

Hmmm... where have we heard this before? Apple is like that group of kids that builds a treehouse and kicks out all the girls. Except this time they're going beyond virginity and even kicking out other nerdy guys.

70camaross396

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Apple needs a scapegoat after the Iphone 4 debarcle. first the one of his dumbass employees left one in a bar, then it shows up on gizmodo, which forced them to launch it early. because all the competitors knew what was comming and were looking to leapfrog apple. because they launched it half baked, they had the antenna issues, followed by the delay of the all so coveted white iphone. (on a side note, WTF... it an I phone and its white... so what). some one has to pay the piper to keep the all powerful wizrad of Jobs happy. so dude got sacked. if i was him I would go work for Intel, Dell, Lenovo, HP or any of the other major players in PC industry. with his credentials he could get a job at any of these companies. California already rulled the non-compete contract are not binding, which allowed him to start work at apple in the first place. If I remember right he had a 2 year non compete with IBM. with his knowlege of apples upcomming product line i am sure he will not be unemployeed long.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
He's leaving in a casket. When informed about the Iphone 4's reception problems, Lord Steve Force choked Papermaster out of Sith Lord rage.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
In other news...

Firing people for making wrong, crucial, decisions is becoming a trend in business practice. Some say this could become a major profit maker in short term.

Cheers!

G

The Color of the phone doesn't really matter since you have to put a case on it for proper reception anyway.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]one-shot[/nom]I remember when the article about Papermaster going to Apple was first posted. What an awesome last name.[/citation]
With that last name he should go work for Xerox!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bearracuda[/nom]Apple is like that group of kids that builds a treehouse and kicks out all the girls.[/citation]

Think the people that work for apple still do that, would explain a lot...

G

Papermaster was also said to be unfamiliar with Apple's corporate culture, which requires even senior executives to "keep on top of the smallest details of their areas of responsibility and often have to handle many tasks directly, as opposed to delegating them."

Soooo. He's the only senior executive working on the iPhone? Someone is full of it.

Definitely a scapegoat.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]chess[/nom]probably cause he was holding the phone wrong[/citation]
I swear, every time I hear that now, it makes me think of the phrase, "But can it play Crysis?". Let's stop riding that 'joke' now, shall we?

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]bearracuda[/nom]Hmmm... where have we heard this before? Apple is like that group of kids that builds a treehouse and kicks out all the girls. Except this time they're going beyond virginity and even kicking out other nerdy guys.[/citation]

And by "virginity" you mean "sex." Learn English, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.