Apple iMac 21.5-inch Review (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumdrumPenguin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Well Michael, if you're not a die hard Apple fan, you did a poor review. This iMac is just lame, no more words to describe it. In your "PROS" you included "Vivid 1080p display; Included iWork and iLife suites; Comfortable keyboard and mouse". 1080p is standard in a 21.5" display, and sure as hell it's an 8 bit panel (16m colors). They always clame that macs are good for design, well, you'd need a 10bit panel (1.07b colors) and a higher resolution for that. iWork and iLife suites... really? The great majority does not use neither of these. Comfortable keyboard and mouse, for god sake man, what the hell . They're terrible, and that magic mouse, Jesus, I could incinerate then all and nobody would miss. It's a terrible piece of junk that people like because it was developed by Apple. Fanboyism destroys brains all over the world. 1100 bucks and you get a dual core cpu, which is, again... lame. Sorry, but there's no "PROS" in this machine. You actually said that it could play a trailer in the review like it was something nobody should expect from a lower end computer. About being slim and beautiful... well, that's just taste, but they've been sticking to the same design for years, and I personally don't like it. Where's the Apple innovation I wonder. Oh yeah, they threw it in the garbage years ago.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
@HumdrumPenguin

You are 100% right, but thing is, Apple will manage to sell a few millions of these with ease. I guess even with crappy CPU, GPU,screen size and basically everything this iMac will suit needs of 90% of users and it has Apple logo on it :)

If this was windows machine nobody would dare to sell this piece of junk for more then 600-700 bucks :)

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
I have been a rabid Mac hater for years but I bought an iMac in late 2013 (2.9 GHz upgraded model) for my kids to do homework with. I have to admit, it's a slick, gorgeous design and the screen really is superb. I opted for Nvidea graphics and though I don't play games, the ones my kids play are silky-smooth on the iMac.

The sound coming from the iMac is outstanding. Never test using modern brickwall-limited, garbage music and expect it to sound good while being played loudly - use less compressed, older music to test with. The iMac's sound is rich and detailed - shockingly good for an all-in-one. I've got an above-average stereo system at home but if the iMac was the only music provider in my house, I wouldn't be heartbroken. It's that good.

I'm not a huge fan of Mac OS - I think that Windows 7 is much, much better but overall, the iMac is pretty impressive. It's handsome and completey silent which makes it a good fit for my living room. I wish that I had sprung for a faster hard drive but since the computer is being used for homework and web surfing, I didn't see the neccessity. It takes a little longer to boot and launch apps than I would like but I'm willing to overlook that in lieu of everything else the machine has going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
SupremeEditor Audio 0
A Audio 2
T Audio 1
atesba Audio 3
D Audio 1
J Audio 3
G Audio 1
G Audio 0