Apple is Talking About the New iPhones Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
The only reason for me to care would be if I could get one and sell it at a profit on eBay.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]tbq[/nom]The only reason for me to care would be if I could get one and sell it at a profit on eBay.[/citation]

Makes sense that you're reading this article, then.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Most people buy the iPhone because, to them, it's a fashion accessory.[/citation]
You could've just said people buy the iphone because its a good, solid phone that is both appealing and meets peoples' everyday needs. I'm not an Apple fanboy but c'mon..lets not sugarcoat something we know is envyingly true.

I mean c'mon, you combine an ipod with a phone thats exactly what everybody wants. Why would I buy a $200 droid and then need an mp3 player on top of that to store my music when I could just use an iphone? Some of you will say "you can put music on a droid too," but to me, it just isn't the same.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Most people buy the iPhone because, to them, it's a fashion accessory.[/citation]
well it is indeed. a really expensive fashion accessory

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Scott Forstall is up to talk iOS 5. It's the number 1 mobile OS with 250 million devices sold.

Isn't this a fabrication of the truth?

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]You could've just said people buy the iphone because its a good, solid phone that is both appealing and meets peoples' everyday needs. I'm not an Apple fanboy but c'mon..lets not sugarcoat something we know is envyingly true. I mean c'mon, you combine an ipod with a phone thats exactly what everybody wants. Why would I buy a $200 droid and then need an mp3 player on top of that to store my music when I could just use an iphone? Some of you will say "you can put music on a droid too," but to me, it just isn't the same.[/citation]

Yeah, it's not the same. I don't have to deal with that crap they call iTunes.

frozenlead

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom] Why would I buy a $200 droid and then need an mp3 player on top of that to store my music when I could just use an iphone? Some of you will say "you can put music on a droid too," but to me, it just isn't the same.[/citation]

...and what exactly is the difference?

xcomvic

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
What I am surprised about, especially with this whole Apple conference is that there is no partnership between Blizzard and Apple to release WoW and Diablo to their phones and tablets. Obviously you'd have to scale down the resolution/graphics, but I know it could be done and I've been wondering when it would happen. Guess not today:)

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I see alot of clever manipulation of fact by Apple here...but that's to be expected at an Apple event. Pretty much any company will do that...they want to set a positive tone, so when they don't have something positive and factual to tout, they manipulate numbers to create it.

The iPhone is a great smartphone...no doubt. It's just not the best anymore, plain and simple. People buy a smartphone because they either need or want a smartphone, they buy an iPhone because it's the prettiest of the smartphones. There is no longer any justification for paying the higher price for the iPhone outside of appearances. That's the most interesting aspect of this unveiling, to me at least...at the iPhone 5's launch, there are already better phones available. This is, I believe, the first time Apple has found itself in this position.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]You could've just said people buy the iphone because its a good, solid phone that is both appealing and meets peoples' everyday needs. I'm not an Apple fanboy but c'mon..lets not sugarcoat something we know is envyingly true. I mean c'mon, you combine an ipod with a phone thats exactly what everybody wants. Why would I buy a $200 droid and then need an mp3 player on top of that to store my music when I could just use an iphone? Some of you will say "you can put music on a droid too," but to me, it just isn't the same.[/citation]

And whats so horrible with plaing music on an Android headset? The fact your not required to use Googles inegrated music player? Or maybe its the (on many models) removable and expandable memory? O I get it, its because you dont have to have iTunes to get the music on there, isnt it?

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
[citation][nom]iceman1992[/nom]i thought android had overtaken iOS long ago??[/citation]

It has...they didn't say that iOS is the "best selling" or "most used"...they just said number one. That leaves it open to whatever is the most convenient interpretation. If one were to say "Wait, Android is the number one selling mobile OS, not iOS!", Apple could then reply "yeah...but iOS is the BEST mobile OS, the general public feels that it is number 1"...or something to that effect. No false advertising...just clever manipulation of fact. That's what marketing experts get paid to do.

G

@Chickenhoagie, you can stream music to an android device already using the Google Music beta service. So to me, it is something that Apple is playing catch up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.