Apple ''iTV'' Losing 1080p Playback, Gaining Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dassox

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
They talk about issues in screen size for apps between the iphone/ipod and the ipad, what do they think will happen when people put those apps on a 42 inch screen....

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
>_> they wont be able to call it that in Britain as we already have a channel called ITV and i bet they have all the rights on that name

G

don't worry.. when they release a newer version next year, they will add in 1080p and say they pioneer it.

G

ha i already predicted this, considering the iPad was an iPhone without the phone aspect (no speaker and mic), the iTV is just a natural progression of this, an iPad without a screen.....

OMG the penultimate natural eventual progression of this would be... a brick

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]iBrick[/nom]ha i already predicted this, considering the iPad was an iPhone without the phone aspect (no speaker and mic), the iTV is just a natural progression of this, an iPad without a screen.....OMG the penultimate natural eventual progression of this would be... a brick[/citation]

lol! no actually, its like they are following that joke that came out with the ipad: "ipad is just a bigger iphone" this is the next logical progression! "the iWall, (tv is the screen) which is just a bigger ipad without the touch screen."

and this would all be well and good except that ios sucks...

its basically a clone of the google tv idea (that runs android right?) except of course... it will be able to do 1080p...

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]talk about a usless product but I'm sure Jobs will put the revolutionary tag on it.[/citation]

"The iTV is more then a tv, It is more then a 3D TV. This TV will change the way we look and what we expect from our TVs forever."

*Prices starting at 3 arms and 6 legs*

G

Nothing like dumbing down and lowering performance and charging more all rolled into one.

weegee64

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Agnickolov is right... Apple is positioning iTV as a home gaming console with some multimedia capabilities. This could easily challenge nintendo, since the Wii is very similar to iTV spec-wise, minus the motion controls. Also, the Apple apps will be cheaper than a full $50 game; great for the casual gamer. Apple is not foolish enough to leave out 1080p if iTV is meant for only tv. The 720p will enable higher fps in games as well. Nintendo is already getting owned by iTouch in the mobile gaming market; now their console is going to have competition as well.

G

You're watching it wrong.. just because Jobs can't see the difference between the -Apple standard- and 1080p, doesn't mean I can't!

I want choice! OH OH OH OH OH OH!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Apple engineers have determined that its customers don't need more than 720p. According to Ydon Tchablowme, senior VP of Apple Television marketing, "Our research has shown that, since we don't offer Blu-Ray, our customers are actually quite used to not seeing truly high-definition content. Why not save money (for Apple, not the customer), by not supporting 1080p? It just makes more sense that way (for Apple, not the customer)."

Status
Not open for further replies.