Apple May Sell 99c TV Show Episodes for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, No, guess I will just watch the shows on tv for free :)No need for restricted hardware to watch tv when I have a very good tv (that i hardly watch anyway) and no need to pay to watch it :)

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Pretty much any show on TV can be watched legally for free on the internet. Charging for this sounds like a stupid tax on inept people who pay for things without thinking about it. Oh wait, I think I just described the entire Apple business model. Nevermind, nothing new to see here.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Oh no... Apple is going to screw the free TV shows available on TV and on the network sites.... in the end we the consumer is short changed... :(

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Let's see...
Hulu (and others) = FREE
Hulu uses Flash...
Apple won't allow Flash...
Apple wants to sell TV for $1-$2 per pop.
Not a coincidence now is it...

So.
Apple == No choice in content source + CHARGED for what everyone is getting FREE.

EPIC FAIL. I WILL PASS.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Pay $1-2 for a movie and subscription fee for iPad? No sorry.
I'm also sticking with YT and Hulu (free).
Away, you apple tax! You do not belong here! Away I say!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
99¢ ad-free Full-HD show? It's beginning to sound interesting. If you think of it, it's more or less the same as buying a whole season on BR/DVD.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]99¢ ad-free Full-HD show? It's beginning to sound interesting. If you think of it, it's more or less the same as buying a whole season on BR/DVD.[/citation]
Hah knowing Apple, this will be filled with Ads!

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Though I do feel stupid to buy TV shows while paying my DirectTV at home, paid download TV shows do service me well.

Since I never really have the time to sit at home watching my favorite shows, and using my company's internet for my personal entertainment is never a good idea...

Listening them at work or watching them during my lunch break/workout appear to be my best option(sorry.. torrent is never my cup of tea). Since I only buy the shows I like a lot, it is more like buying the DVD with only 1-3 days delay after each episode.

So back to the topic... is lowering the price of each episode good for me? Sure!!! (though some episode is already around this price if I buy the season pass). I just hope that price will be available for all iTune users not just for iPad only (for sure I am not getting the iPad... hmm... at least not the 1st generation).

G

I have no problmed paying reasonable fees for content, BUT I hate iTunes and until either Apple opens up their infrastructure (not likely) or a competetive Windows or Linux based alternatives exist that are widely adopted then I'll stick with NetFlix and my Roku!

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
LOL! I guess they have to do SOMETHING to make this POS appear to be worthwhile...... Too bad! I never watch TV shows and never buy Apple.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
My impression is they will keep these prices at 99c for about a year to get folks hooked into it, and then they'll raise the prices back up when it's too inconvenient for people to switch.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Are there any user friendly (not for us, but the other 98%) products that can hook a dvr to a computer and let you watch your tv shows on your computer etc. Or is that beyond the licensing that DVRs allow?

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I would never buy a tv show.

I will stick to my two HTPC's (one with gaming specs) 11TB total HD's
I already pay for TV. Why would I pay for it twice. Put windows 7 Home premium on the ipad. I would simply use the "make a copy" feature in Media center.

Do that and I may buy one as a media player for air travel.

Don't do that and I will most likely buy a netbook or archos 9 next time.

Didn't Apple learn anything from Apple TV?

@Necronic

Don't use your supplier's DVR, run your signal through a tuner card and use media center.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
"Would you be tempted to buy through iTunes if more content was at the lower end of the price spectrum?"

And be locked to Apple? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.