Apple Now The World's #3 Smartphone Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have always take gartner report with a grain of salt... what is really the definition of s smartphone? One can say most new mid to high end mobile phone are now smartphone, they have the same capability, so why not consider them? Also, having them proclaiming that Apple is #3 is a joke... come on people / gartner researcher, a lot of smartphone out there nowadays are co-branded by different company but they are actually the same platform and manufacture by the same company (ie: HTC device, Quanta Computer, etc), and they make up the remaining 40% of the market. These device manufactures are much bigger and has a much larger market share than Apple. It is just the fact that a lot of mobile companies insist on putting their logo on their phone, so those phone are now not consider device offer by HTC or Quanta... it is just stupid... To be honest, I am not piss off at Apple (I am an iphone user myself and I am very satisfied with it), but I am piss off at the stupid researcher and analysis who keep publishing useless information that mislead consumers.

G

In his close-to-two-hour keynote at the WWDC in San Francisco, Steve Jobs discussed the new iPhone 3G, its new price points (very nice!), and highlighting
some of its new applications (available soon via the developers website that is due to be launched shortly), which are sure to get iPhone and Apple enthusiasts in general excited about what is coming out this summer. One way I think they could certainly improve the iPhone in light of these new development kits, is to include speech and/or voice activated applications. In today?s world where hands-free laws and sheer convenience seem to be putting a heavy demand on a user-friendly interface. What is easier than using just voice to control your handset? If you can dictate text messages, emails, conduct searches, dial from a contact list, play music and discover hidden applications just by speaking your request, I would think this would be some of the most sought after applications on any phone ? especially the iPhone!

Both embedded and downloadable applications from Nuance Communications can do all of that and more...and they all work on the iPhone. The human voice is a powerful thing, and we think it is the next big step for improving the mobile device. We are excited to see what is next for the WWDC this week!

-Nuance (www.nuance.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.