Apple Overtakes Exxon as Most Valuable US Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Breaking news

In an odd twist of fate today a super tanker filled with Apple products sank in the ocean spilling millions of gallons of apple juice causing there stock to fall below the value of Exxon

Soiled :)

Andrei24

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I am not surprised that Apple is doing so well for itself, seeing as how it has an immense army of braindead zombie cult followers. Couple that with rip-off prices and anti-competition practices... you get the point

geekapproved

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
When you sell products at twice their value, of course your gonna get rich. Soon as people realize they can get products that are just as good from another company for less, they will go downhill.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]When you sell products at twice their value, of course your gonna get rich. Soon as people realize they can get products that are just as good from another company for less, they will go downhill.[/citation]

Sadly, that's gonna take a while...

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I guess dollar wise Apple wins on the books, otherwise this article wouldn't makes since. That means to me that we are more dependant on Ipads, Ipods, Iphones, Iwhatever, instead of transportation, heating our home, industrial use, fuel for cargo ships, etc...

roleki

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]When you sell products at twice their value, of course your gonna get rich. Soon as people realize they can get products that are just as good from another company for less, they will go downhill.[/citation]
Don't make the mistake of confusing YOUR knowledge with that of the average consumer. Their PCs represent a tiny little bit of the Apple revenue pie; the rest comes from gadgetry and the iTunes/App stores that support those gadgets. And while there may be better devices in one aspect or another, Apple has virtually cornered the market by catering to the laziness and lack of intellectual curiosity inherent to consumers.

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Invest in schools by donating computers to public schools. Watch sales increase by a factor of 10 as these same brainwashed kids buy overpriced Apple products as college freshman and young adults. Wash, rinse, repeat, win.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]a super tanker filled with Apple products sank in the ocean spilling millions of gallons of smug[/citation]
Fixed.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
[citation][nom]andrei24[/nom]I am not surprised that Apple is doing so well for itself, seeing as how it has an immense army of braindead zombie cult followers. Couple that with rip-off prices and anti-competition practices... you get the point[/citation]

No, actually I don't get your point... This is somehow different than the 350 million zombie cult followers called American citizens that fill up their gasoline tanks 4 times a week allowing Exxon to rake in 40 billion in profit a year.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]No, actually I don't get your point... This is somehow different than the 350 million zombie cult followers called American citizens that fill up their gasoline tanks 4 times a week allowing Exxon to rake in 40 billion in profit a year.[/citation]
i use car to go to work, and i use oil to burn in winter to keep my house warm. I also use power generator when I'm out of town, camping, i also use propane which come from oil company processing plant to national grid.. (so it make somewhat sense, that Exxon made that much profit since it is use for daily need.) I don't ride on an ipad/ipod, or iphone to work, neither i cook or heat my house with them.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]No, actually I don't get your point... This is somehow different than the 350 million zombie cult followers called American citizens that fill up their gasoline tanks 4 times a week allowing Exxon to rake in 40 billion in profit a year.[/citation]

Why of course. Apple is evil and we must not support them.. However, kneeling to the whims of OPEC.. Totally legit.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Our customer is our #1 priority......[/citation]
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Who dare ye rate down my awesome comment?![/citation]
WOW...A talking spambot!!!!

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
hmmm, anyone else confused by the newegg spam? i do not believe it is officially sanctioned, yet there are no misleading weblinks/promotional codes.......maybe they intended to use obfuscated links?

who is wasting their rime on free marketing for newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.