Apple Pays South Korean Man 1 Million Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Let's say you are licensed to do in-home anal bleaching. Some women dont want their brown eye to be brown. That's eventually a long list of addresses about women who care about their bungs. I'm sure they don't want the public or some clever hackers knowing who gets it done.

What about a door to door call girl? I'm sure she'd like to keep her clients a secret too.

Ok i've had fun, j/k, the tracking is not that accurate but it would be in the near future if not squashed now.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]BleachForMyB[/nom]Let's say you are licensed to do in-home ...[/citation]
Finally, some humour on these comments. In some ways slightly educational too ;-)

ralfthedog

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
The sad thing about this is, the information was never sent to anyone. It was stored on your iPhone. If you backed up your iPhone, it was also stored on your computer. It did not even store your location to any degree of accuracy. It was just a table of near by cell phone towers that was used to give a faster lock for GPS.

What happens in your phone, stays in your phone.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ralfthedog[/nom]The sad thing about this is, the information was never sent to anyone. It was stored on your iPhone. If you backed up your iPhone, it was also stored on your computer. It did not even store your location to any degree of accuracy. It was just a table of near by cell phone towers that was used to give a faster lock for GPS. What happens in your phone, stays in your phone.[/citation]

How can you defend this? There is no need for the information to be stored at all, not least backed up to iTunes. What happens if your phone or computer are stolen? What happens when a hacker manages to get hold of this data?
This kind of data should never have been stored.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Over here that one million won wouldn't even cover the court and lawyers fees.
Thank goodness for our outrageous court system that give out absurd amounts of
money over anything. God bless America and no place else.

P.S. By reading this comment you are agreeing to the terms of handing all personal belongings to see including but not limited to cars, land ownership, businesses owned, stocks, bonds, money, or anything of any value. Failure to comply with this is breaking the agreed contract in which you agree to pay me for failure to complete the contract and other damages for 100 million US dollars.

P.S.S. Our court system is so messed up I wouldn't be surprised if the joke written above would actually grant me a victory in court.

ralfthedog

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Over here that one million won wouldn't even cover the court and lawyers fees. Thank goodness for our outrageous court system that give out absurd amounts ofmoney over anything. God bless America and no place else.P.S. By reading this comment you are agreeing to the terms of handing all personal belongings to see including but not limited to cars, land ownership, businesses owned, stocks, bonds, money, or anything of any value. Failure to comply with this is breaking the agreed contract in which you agree to pay me for failure to complete the contract and other damages for 100 million US dollars.P.S.S. Our court system is so messed up I wouldn't be surprised if the joke written above would actually grant me a victory in court.[/citation]

I find that post insulting. I will see you in court!

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Over here that one million won wouldn't even cover the court and lawyers fees. Thank goodness for our outrageous court system that give out absurd amounts ofmoney over anything. God bless America and no place else.P.S. By reading this comment you are agreeing to the terms of handing all personal belongings to see including but not limited to cars, land ownership, businesses owned, stocks, bonds, money, or anything of any value. Failure to comply with this is breaking the agreed contract in which you agree to pay me for failure to complete the contract and other damages for 100 million US dollars.P.S.S. Our court system is so messed up I wouldn't be surprised if the joke written above would actually grant me a victory in court.[/citation]
100 million dollars ? What are you, Dr. Evil ?

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
KRW is the currency of South Korea and what I use to pay my rent and utilities. Don't let the number of zero's confuse you, it's done on purpose. They don't have a sub-deliminator of their currency, no "dime / nickle / penny". Instead they just use 1,000 as the base value for the printed money with coins usually at 100 and 500 denominations, although I've seen 1 / 10 and 50 won coins, their really small and pretty worthless. The paper denominations are 1,000 5,000 10,000 and 50,000, with 10,000 being the most common but the new 50,000 is picking up as it doesn't require you to carry a gangster roll around with you. Exchange rate now is $1USD to 1050 KRW, was 1$ USD to 970 prior to the bank collapse in 08, then went to 1$ USD to 1420 KRW during late 08 early 09.

And for the record, luxury goods here are ridiculously expensive. Levis designer jeans are 250,000 KRW. BMW 3 series is 80,000,000 to 90,000,000 KRW, local Kia / Hyundai / Samsung is 26,000,000 to 40,000,000. My 1500 square foot city apartment is 1,100,000 KRW a month with a 20,000,000 KRW deposit. Same apartment in Seoul would be 3,000,000 KRW a month with a 20,000,000 to 40,000,000 KRW deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.