Apple Rejects BitTorrent App, Boobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I guess they have the right to reject whatever they want. However, their review process does seem quite hypocritical and doesn't seem to have any kind of foundation. Seeing as i don't own an iphone or itouch this doesn't affect me, but it sucks for those people trying to get their work on the market when apple doesn't seem to know what it thinks is acceptable/not acceptable.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
They can accept/reject whatever they want. It's their store.

The ridiculous part is that not only are they choosing what to sell in their store, they also seem to think it's illegal to run anything that's not from their store...

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
The frustration works like this:

PARTY A:
Hi there apple...we'd like to make an app for your iphone. What are the rules/standards set that we need to work within for approval?

APPLE:
Well...you know...in general just make it good and nice.

PARTY A:
Could you be more specific?

APPLE:
Just make it reasonable and it will be approved.

PARTY A:
oooohhh kay.

30days later

PARTY A:
Why did you object to our app?

APPLE:
It was unreasonable.

PARTY A:
But...it was practically identical to PARTY C's app and our own previous one and less harsh than PARTY B's?

APPLE:
Just try to revise it to be more reasonable.

PARTY A:
WHAAAAAAAA!!!!

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I wish more handset makers would get their Android phones to market. That would put more pressure on Apple and their silly policies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]haze4peace[/nom]Welcome to a closed system where the overlords decide what you should and shouldn't see.[/citation]

this is why i hate apple. they make a really good piece of hardware for apps and games, and then cripple it by making you have to buy a mac, pay $100 a year just so you can submit an app that will get rejected, and even if it is excepted, the only place ppl can get it from is their overcrowded store.

Gazz

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
there just standing up for there beliefs and standards I say good on them That pirate ste should have been closed simpleinstead they get a slap on the wrist

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]MoUsE-WiZ[/nom]They can accept/reject whatever they want. It's their store.The ridiculous part is that not only are they choosing what to sell in their store, they also seem to think it's illegal to run anything that's not from their store...[/citation]
pretty idiotic couse once you own the hardware you should offer them a cup of gtfo

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Ouch, Trent Reznor is an Apple fan and Mac user too. I'd be mad too though. The bittorrent app is a bad rejection too. Unfortunately the problem is solely with Apple, but corporations in general. Obviously their process needs to be overhauled because right now it feels like whoever is in charge is clueless.

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Uah...sooo boring. Who the hell cares??? Wanna have an iPhone? Submit to their rules. Don't wanna have one? Then get on with your lives.

I don't really understand why so many people that hates Apple and want nothing to do with their products wastes so much time reading about it and commenting...

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
What's sad is that even though policies like this certainly open the doors for competitors, those competitors can't seem to get their act together and thus Apple remains.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Come on guys, give Apple a break. These guys will never learn that the more open you are, the more favorable you become to the public.

In fact, I see two direct connections between the Communist Party of China and Apple.

1. They must control abso-freakingly-everything. That speaks for itself.
2. They care about their supposed "image" when there are none, and it's better to show your true side than try to hide it under accusations and censorship.
3. They are both run by dictators.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]crisisavatar[/nom]pretty idiotic couse once you own the hardware you should offer them a cup of gtfo[/citation]

Replace hardware with software and this is how I feel with TF2 and Valve two years later after they've royally overcomplicated their masterpiece.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Kinda funny how apple are using their monopoly to dictate what is morally sound and what isn't. Despite individual countries, counties, and even local communities might disagree. Yet nobody seems to be bothered except those being shot by apple.
Wierd really. Microsoft, Intel and all the other big companies are held responsible for their actions. Apple isn't, and they're even playing police themselves now.
Thank god I'm not part of that rotten apple sect!

Status
Not open for further replies.