Apple Releases More Details on iPad 3G Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwed88

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
The Ipad is going to fail. I own an Iphone already why would I buy a larger one with another $60 a month fee?, I guess I could get the wifi one but then I couldn't use it every where.

rklein03

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]qwed88[/nom]The Ipad is going to fail. I own an Iphone already why would I buy a larger one with another $60 a month fee?, I guess I could get the wifi one but then I couldn't use it every where.[/citation]

My thoughts exactly, as an Iphone owner this is how I see it. Why bother spending a lot more money for a bigger version of my phone. Maybe my thoughts would be different if I did not already own a laptop and an Iphone.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]qwed88[/nom]The Ipad is going to fail. I own an Iphone already why would I buy a larger one with another $60 a month fee?, I guess I could get the wifi one but then I couldn't use it every where.[/citation]

Dude, it's not $60, it's $30. You gotta read the article before commenting lol

In any case, I agree with what you are saying. I bought an Ipod touch, and i'm loving it, but I definitely don't need a larger one.

Even if I didn't have an Ipod though, for me I don't want something that large for what it can do. I would much rather carry around my bulky 17 inch laptop with its much fuller functionality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for me at least, I don't fit in the market this device appeals to. I'm still trying to figure out who actually DOES fit into that market, but I'm open to understanding if there are good reasons to owning such a device.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Um your Draming Dude, they sold 50 thousand units within 2 Hrs. They may sell close to a
quarter million by the end of the weekend, that's hardly a failure. You negative people never
stop, you don't even stop after the facts, you just continue to talk out your backside just for the
sake of talking! Give it up..........

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I got an iPod Touch and now I really wish I hadn't wasted the money. Not because I want the iPad but because I've really seen no worth in the touch and would see much more use from a tablet with a fully functional OS rather than the gimped OS that is on the iPhone, touch, and will be on the iPad.

deaninvan

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I'm gonna buy one for my kids (or maybe 2 if they fight over it). Some of the early children's books and software look very promising. I already spend a fortune on books for my kids, and if pricing is similar to the App Store then it'll be a bargain compared to what I spend now. Interactive touch screen apps for kids is one area I think the iPad would be great for.

G

9.9e per month for real unlimited/uncapped 384kbit internet in here.
Sounds so silly whenever I hear stuff like this..

Hell, I can pay 19.9e per month for 1Mbit and it even has a decent upload. I've head months with over 20 gigs transfer. Nobody cares.

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
What really burns my balls is the iphone plans aren't going to be inline with the ipad plans. I really don't need much of a data plan and I'd rather prepay for 250MB of data and save myself a pile of money. Give me a basic voice plan with 250MB of interweb and i'm good.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I think you guys are wrong, it will do fine as long as the hardware does not have some unforeseen problems.
This is a copy paste from the Apple store, no contract.
AT&T 3G Data plans for iPad
Data per month Price per month
250MB/month $14.99
Unlimited $29.99
Sounds reasonable to me.

I liked this from the article:
# $30 for unlimited unlimited
# $39 for unlimited without "accidental random" connection down times
Give us $9 more a month and we won't randomly drop your connects.

G

If you're not interested in it...did you ever think maybe you're not the target customer?

Apple is targeting students who normally eye the KindleDX for textbooks, people that carry a DVD player around to watch movies, businesspeople that need internet capability to create or edit business documents but they don't want to carry a laptop around AND don't want to pay $60 for a normal aircard data plan.

If you're happy with an iPhone...then you're the target customer for their iPhone product instead :)

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Hold on just a second. I'm having a hard time imagining the iPad as a large iPhone. Somebody is going to look pretty silly holding it against their ear while answering a phone call! :lol:

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Hold on just a second. I'm having a hard time imagining the iPad as a large iPhone. Somebody is going to look pretty silly holding it against their ear while answering a phone call![/citation]

I'm with you. Unless one uses it as a "work notepad" (contractor, doctor, etc)its not a carry around device.

I will get one for around the home for instant-on access to Internet/e-mail with a good sized on-screen keyboard.

I have a touch and the things I need that a touch doesn't have: 1) Being able to print to a network printer (recipie, directions, etc) 2) larger screen so I can effectively browse the web (touch is okay in a pinch) 3) larger keyboard so you can type more effectively 4) instant-on so I don't have to wait for boot up.

Three of these are cover already by the iPad. Can it print? If so, I will buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.