Apple Reveals Details of iOS 6 at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I think this is more of a minor upgrade than anything else. Some ideas were obviously taken from jailbroken apps/features, such as FaceTime over cellular connection. Others should've been there in iOS5, like Siri for iPad.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Looks like they've been hard at work copying Google's Amdroid, apps and ideas.
Wait until they claim they invented maps, guidance, photo sharing and all the other "magical" stuff. If you think they've been patent-trolling so far, you ain't seen nothin' yet...

G

Facebook integration has been with Windows Phone since 2 years ago...

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
I'm starting to regret my Purchase. I love my iPhone but Apple, i'm not some 12-22 year old girl always using twitter and facebook. I have other shit to do besides post idiot fucking updates about my problems.

Give me useful features.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]sounds like apple is trying to copy android[/citation]
apple has a long way to go but if you ask me their hardware is the best....especially the new macbookpro laptops that were just announced

G

Apple never copies...... This is called innovation, at least for them and the fan boys.

killabanks

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]apple has a long way to go but if you ask me their hardware is the best....especially the new macbookpro laptops that were just announced[/citation]
how about price for performance? i'd say apple probably ranks lowest

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]killabanks[/nom]how about price for performance? i'd say apple probably ranks lowest[/citation]

Put some hard numbers behind your words. Post a phone benchmark comparing the hardware - I'd like to see :)

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]killabanks[/nom]how about price for performance? i'd say apple probably ranks lowest[/citation]
not true....my 3 year old macbookpro still runs circles around most new windows based laptops...i have bootcamp installed and love it....win7 runs flawlessly

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Why would they name iOS 6.0 - 6.0 but the iPhone 5 just 5?

[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]I'm starting to regret my Purchase. I love my iPhone but Apple, i'm not some 12-22 year old girl always using twitter and facebook. I have other shit to do besides post idiot fucking updates about my problems.Give me useful features.[/citation]

Can you make phone calls? Coz you know, iPhone is supposed to be a phone. A phone is a device to make phone calls, which basically means you can talk to other people who are far away. That is the purpose of a phone.

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]Can you make phone calls? Coz you know, iPhone is supposed to be a phone. A phone is a device to make phone calls, which basically means you can talk to other people who are far away. That is the purpose of a phone.[/citation]

Why would you buy an iPhone if all you wanted to do was make calls? There are significantly better devices out there if you only need to call people.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007

Find me a cheaper laptop than the Macbook Air with equal specs (including size, weight and battery life) and equal performance for less.

Good luck with that.

[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]Why would they name iOS 6.0 - 6.0 but the iPhone 5 just 5?Can you make phone calls? Coz you know, iPhone is supposed to be a phone. A phone is a device to make phone calls, which basically means you can talk to other people who are far away. That is the purpose of a phone.[/citation]

iOS will receive minor version updates (eg 6.2). The iPhone hardware wont (there wont be an iPhone 5.1).

[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Apple is promising over 200 new features with iOS 6 which the ideas came from a Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone.[/citation]

Yeah, if only Apple had come up with Samsungs S-Voice first.... oh wait... and the 3D maps on Samsung, wow they are awesome..

Lets ignore the Samsung phones which still don't even have ICS support.

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Wait until they claim they invented maps, guidance, photo sharing and all the other "magical" stuff.[/citation]

Yeah because by releasing a software update, they are claiming it's magical and that they 'invented' it....

Photo sharing isn't one of the new features, either, nor are 'maps', or 'guidance'. It's an improved version of all 3, for example the maps is a better version of Google maps, the Photo sharing enhancement just makes it easier to share stuff, maps itself can be powered by Siri and has 3D views.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom].Lets ignore the Samsung phones which still don't even have ICS support.[/citation]

Samsung's old flagship phone (S2) and their newest one (S3) both have ICS. The other phones are budget phones so ICS can't be expected.

Price performance Apple do tend to be poor. Macbook air is good because there is no choice with that thickness right now. But you also have to buy Windows on top if you want to game and use the GPU in them. When it comes to the IMacs it's easy to build/buy a computer that outperforms them for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.