Apple Rewards Top Execs With Tons of Stock Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I bought my brother an iPod 3 years ago for his birthday. I can has stock option too?

Seriously though, that is a TON of money. I know stock options are supposed to motivate people to make the company better, but when you talking that kind of money I'm not sure it is really effective.
Wonder if they ever thought to reward the engineers that actually design & build their products with stock options. And while they're at it reward the marketing team because they are what brings in Apple's millions.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]criminals.[/citation]
"I no have moneys! He have of them moneys! He am criminal!"

I do not get this attitude... Unless you are talking about their general business practice of suing all competition out of existence, in which case I owe you an apology.

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Apple should patent the method of rewarding executives with stock option.[/citation]
haha not bad

hexagonal

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Wonder if they ever thought to reward the engineers that actually design & build their products with stock options. And while they're at it reward the marketing team because they are what brings in Apple's millions.[/citation]
They do...most employees in major corporations (excluding store front employees) get stock options, just not in the numbers that top execs get.

G

Clearly no one here understands how stock options work. While these big numbers sound impressive and make your anti-Apple fervor peak, how much do you think these options are worth? Tick tock, tick tock... The answer is $0.

Stock options give the grantee the right (after usually 5 years of vesting) the right to purchase the granted shares at the grant price. The grant price is the price of the shares on the open market at the time of the grant. The only way the options are of value to the grantees is if the stock price goes up. Then they can purchase the shares at the lower grant price and immediately sell them at the current price (cashless transaction).

So the entire point is to serve as a motivation to increase the value of the company (at least as far as the stock market is concerned).

three0duster

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
It all comes down to taxes here folks. Income is taxed at roughly 25%, more if you are rich. Stocks, no matter the amount is only 15%. Its called tax evasion, or corporate loopholes. Either way, its the American way.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
What do we care, as long as they are a 100 billion dollar company and it does not affect the share holders investment ... good for them. Lets just make sure that when they sell that stock, and it generates income for them that uncle ben gets his cut in taxes to go towards our deficit.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
This is what's wrong with corporations these days. Yes, they have turned an almost bankrupt company around in a little more than a decade, but do they really deserve a yearly bonus of that much? That's just absurd.

If Apple has this much money laying around, they need to disburse larger dividends to shareholders. After all, the shareholders are the true owners and investors of the company.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
[citation][nom]three0duster[/nom]It all comes down to taxes here folks. Income is taxed at roughly 25%, more if you are rich. Stocks, no matter the amount is only 15%. Its called tax evasion, or corporate loopholes. Either way, its the American way.[/citation]
Its legal so its NOT tax evasion, its not a "loophole" either. Congress authorized it with full knowledge and its been the law for years and years.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
.. and at the same time the workers who produces the items that brings the exec's their rewards they barely get ahead and suicide. What a wonderful world!

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Meanwhile, the people who make Apple products live in shitty conditions with minimal pay.[/citation]

Wheras if Apple didn't employ them, they would suddenly become rich, live an amazing and prosperous life with no struggled, no pain and no hassle.

Wake up. The problem is the fact they are impoverished.

Status
Not open for further replies.