Apple Stops Barring Google and Adobe Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
...kinda makes me wonder if Apple has a soul after all. :)

Still a long way to go, but I think the inevitable slew of flash-based games would suit the iPhone/Pod/Pad/whatever quite nicely. That way they can have Farmville, and we can continue to have whatever we want on OpenGL/ect... Both sides are happy!

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Im sure its more of a case of they dont want to government handing them their asses in court, so to avoid a lengthy and expensive battle with the FTC would be the main motive. Otherwise, when has Apple willingly gave up their control on their devices before?

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Man, for a second I thought an unbiased article about Apple was posted, and I was just about to give some props...

...and then I read the last paragraph.

Whether that paragraph is true or not, how is it at all relevant to this story? Is it really too much to ask to keep the opinions out of the articles and leave them to be made by the overwhelmingly skewed number of Android fans / Apple haters?

I promise you that they've got your back without needing encouragement. Rest assured that Apple will still get trashed on in every article written about it...and probably even in the articles that aren't!

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Man, for a second I thought an unbiased article about Apple was posted, and I was just about to give some props......and then I read the last paragraph.Whether that paragraph is true or not, how is it at all relevant to this story? Is it really too much to ask to keep the opinions out of the articles and leave them to be made by the overwhelmingly skewed number of Android fans / Apple haters?I promise you that they've got your back without needing encouragement. Rest assured that Apple will still get trashed on in every article written about it...and probably even in the articles that aren't![/citation]
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Man, for a second I thought an unbiased article about Apple was posted, and I was just about to give some props......and then I read the last paragraph.Whether that paragraph is true or not, how is it at all relevant to this story? Is it really too much to ask to keep the opinions out of the articles and leave them to be made by the overwhelmingly skewed number of Android fans / Apple haters?I promise you that they've got your back without needing encouragement. Rest assured that Apple will still get trashed on in every article written about it...and probably even in the articles that aren't![/citation]

I smell an apple fan.

Anyhow, I'm glad they're doing this. I just wish they'd add flash to safari. Until then, I have one phone that can play flash and another that can't :\

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

bpislife

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
First of all, the fact that the iphone is available on 1 network and still outsells all android phones is impressive. They could have mentioned that.

If Apple stays with 1 company, then they will easily be outsold.

I wonder how long the average iphone owner keeps their phone before upgrading, versus the droid. Seems like a need android phone comes out once a month. Not a bad thing, just curious.

jojesa

Distinguished

The last paragraph has everything to do with the article, specially if you read the second paragraph.

According to the paper, the move may be in response to the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) antitrust investigation and the rising popularity of Google's Android platform.

Apple may have had a change of heart because they were loosing ground and it will eventually hurt their wallets.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
what if adobe went like LOL... NOW U ADMIT U NEED US... NOW 'US' DON'T NEED U... GO FU' UR SELF... lol... wouldn't that be hilarious... but i guess they want profit so it won't happen.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]First of all, the fact that the iphone is available on 1 network and still outsells all android phones is impressive. They could have mentioned that. If Apple stays with 1 company, then they will easily be outsold.I wonder how long the average iphone owner keeps their phone before upgrading, versus the droid. Seems like a need android phone comes out once a month. Not a bad thing, just curious.[/citation]
I think I heard in the news that the Android and the BlackBerry OS platform was outselling the iOS. Of course the iPhone still has a bigger market share than Android because it had almost two years of head start.

G

I knew they didn't have flash on the iphone and ipad, but I didn't know they didn't have flash on their computer as well. I feel sorry for mac owners.

_luck_

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
knew they didn't have flash on the iphone and ipad, but I didn't know they didn't have flash on their computer as well. I feel sorry for mac owners.

Apple machines have flash. This just means that flash-based developer tools can be used to create iphone apps now.

So iPhone 4 will now get shorter battery life like all Android phone?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that a number of demonstrations have been made that show that flash-based applications aren't any tougher on the battery just because they're written in flash. Flash content on safari or any other browser would of course decrease battery life since it's processing more content.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]The last paragraph has everything to do with the article, specially if you read the second paragraph.Apple may have had a change of heart because they were loosing ground and it will eventually hurt their wallets.[/citation]

Right...let's substantiate that claim of Apple "losing ground" by taking a closer look at the only relevant data in this argument.

The Samsung Captivate, one of the (supposed) premier Android phones out right now, was being given away for FREE with a two-year contract on AT&T.

Why on earth would that be?

Whatever the case is, Apple isn't forced to give its stuff away for free just to get people to want it...and people still didn't want it over the iPhone 4, because Samsung only "sold" (LOL) 1 million of these globally in the same time Apple sold 3 million iPhone 4s.

So those are the irrefutable facts. Samsung had to literally give the Galaxy phones away and still barely hit 1/3 the SALES numbers of the iPhone 4, which actually made money.

Really, really embarrassing. But that's Android for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.