Apple Sued for False iPhone 3G Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

...reason number 6,000 you don't willingly become Apples guinea pig. Seriously.. at what point in time do the Apple fanatics that wait up all night for a product only to get screwed by its shoddy quality wake up? I will most assuredly upgrade my iPhone to a 3G iPhone... after Christmas.

As far as the lawsuit... Apple should have learned from the "millions of colors" lawsuit to NOT use that kind of wording in a commercial. Apple should probably rest easy because although they won't be able to technically prove it IS twice the speed at the same time it will be hard to prove it ISN'T twice the speed.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Hey Tom's! Two words of advice - PROOF READ!!!

I'm getting a little sick of your grammatically-challenged editors continually dropping words and writing garbage sentences. If you're in the business to publish written articles, at least do it right. But if you need somebody who knows proper English, you can hire me.

Also, I don't need a half-page hyperlink.

G

You know, it may seem stupid, but I feel as if people don't realize that some phones get better reception than others, or for whatever reason feel that Apple's device is required to be more perfect than other products in the industry. Just because the iPhone's reception happens to be worse than, say, a Samsung i617, doesn't form the basis for a class action suit. The same holds true for the phone holding a 3G connection only "25% of the time". I live in an area classified as having "excellent" 3G reception too, and I have the same issue. Funny thing is, I DON'T have an iPhone, and yet I don't see Samsung getting sued over something which is very clearly AT&T's fault.

I hate to sound like an Apple fanboy, because that's hardly the truth, but let's get real guys, this is a little dumb. I think a big part of the reaction we're beginning to see is due to the fact that most iPhone users are new to AT&T, and aren't familiar with the reception offered in their area, or the reliability of their 3G network. Just because they picked a sucky provider (and by that I mean the highest bidder), doesn't mean the poor cellular service is entirely their fault. Software issues? Sure, blame Apple, but for this type of nonsense? There are far more guilty parties at work here...

rosskey62

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]Hey Tom's! Two words of advice - PROOF READ!!!I'm getting a little sick of your grammatically-challenged editors continually dropping words and writing garbage sentences. If you're in the business to publish written articles, at least do it right. But if you need somebody who knows proper English, you can hire me.Also, I don't need a half-page hyperlink.[/citation]

I totally agree. I browse both DailyTech and this site for news and DailyTech never has as many issues. The hyperlinked part got annoying really fast.

G

i think they are suing for deceiving them with a worthless upgrade. you can't really sue for a cheap product cause you willingly bought it but Apple just added insult to injury and now they are angry.

G

Who the hell is writing these articles?
The writing in THG is some of the worst, most malformed crap I've ever seen.

Hire some english speaking correspondents for christ's sake.
The overall quality of this site as a whole is terrible to begin with. It only makes it worse when the grammar is on par with a down-syndrome eleven year old's.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
As stated above:

1. Proof-Read before approving, in the event that it is proof-read, fire proof-reader and get a better one.

2. Hyperlink text is the dumbest most degrading thing you can do to an article, take it out now or face the consequences of loosing your populace of readers.

And this:

3. Apple support = EPIC FAIL.

G

I don't know if it's Apple as much as AT&T. AT&T is complete garbage as far as service goes. I had Cingular for a few years and never had a problem. As soon as AT&T bought, merged, or what ever with Cingular; the service turned to complete crap. Now I'm with Verizon and will never go back.

szwaba67

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I found it hard to focus on the content of this article when I had to constantly guess which word was missing from the sentences. I agree with the previous comment, PROOF READ. If Toms wants to put crap like this up then take off the damn advertisements because it doesn't deserve to make money.

lrivard

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
3G is rather new in North America and so is the iphone. I own an iPhone and I love it, never had an issue with it. Granted it lacks a few features a "3G" phone should have, but seeing as it lacks on those its a rather well made phone. My friend also owns it and everyone we come across loves the phone for what it offers and can do. Neither me or my friend or Apple fan boys as some who read this may call me for loving this phone, i'll be one of last people to buy an Apple PC not because they suck, but because I love to build and tweak things my self. Every Rogers, Fido and AT&T have demo for the public to use, try them out. The iphone is great yes but its not for everyone and people should keep that in mind. Here is a link for a video from Apple that offers a wealth a info on the iPhone and key features just pick a video size an watch.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/

lrivard

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
Seeing as the url link won't work, for this I apoligize for this and the need to copy and paste the url in the web page.http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]osxgp[/nom]I don't know if it's Apple as much as AT&T. AT&T is complete garbage as far as service goes. I had Cingular for a few years and never had a problem. As soon as AT&T bought, merged, or what ever with Cingular; the service turned to complete crap. Now I'm with Verizon and will never go back.[/citation]

I didnt notice any difference when ATT took over Cingular. My signal around here in South Florida is very strong. While everyone else at work looses reception in our DC, my ATT 8525 can still connect to the 3G network and browse the internet. Speed tests show I get about 1mb throughput. I just wish the screen on my 8525 wasnt broken or that they even made it anymore. Now I have to choose between the Tilt and the iPhone and the Tilt is like a cheesy knockoff of the 8525 with a built in GPS and tilting screen.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Tuan here,
Sorry about the editing guys. I've updated the text.
Should be less of this going forward.
Again, my apologies.

/ Tuan

Status
Not open for further replies.