Apple Suing Samsung Over Galaxy Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
wait, so apple holds a trademark over the rectangle with rounded corners now? They're completely off their rocker, I don't see how any of the galaxy line of mobile devices looks anything like apple's overpriced garbage. And they're seriously going to claim that the UI (aka android) copies iOS? It's just plain ridiculous. I can't wait for the day when they piss off so many companies that no one will want to work with them.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Great, I just hope Samsung stops supplying those parts for Apple. They'll have the last laugh... when Apple says "whoops, we didn't think this through."

G

How history repeats. Apple suing Microsoft in the past over the appearance in windows in their OS. Now Apple is suing over the shapes within an OS, which is basically how icons look like anyway.

Time will tell too, whether history will repeats again that Apple starts up having bring personal computer into mainstream in the early 80s, then lost to the competition as everyone else releasing horde of cheaper PC clones which eventually undermined their market leadership due to Apple close architecture attitude.

chfireball

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Looking at this article http://venturebeat.com/2011/04/18/apple-files-patent-suit-against-samsung-over-tablet-galaxy-line-up/
it looks allot like a iphone clone.

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
That's it, apple and Mr. Jobs can rot in F******* hell for all im concerned. It's just not enough for them to have 1 of the best selling media devices in he past decade, instead they want to be the ONLY one! I will never buy an apple product for as long as I live if I can help it.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Apparently making a button is a patentable offence.... never mind that people have been using rounded square buttons for web UIs for over a decade.

Patent system is broken. All it is now is a way to enforce monopolies instead of foster competition.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
OMG who are these morons at the Apple legal team. Do they understand that Apply has a business relationship with most of the companies they are suing?

At least the 'Sumsung' bit was funny.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
so now apple owns "a field of square icons with rounded corners" ? and the general form of a phone? Fuck off, Apple. go die with your silly false prophet.

my word, I'm normally not this aggro, but Crapple really know how to piss me off.

Saitzev

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Steve Jobs said he couldn't sit around and let competitors steal patented Apple inventions. ""We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours,"

Wait when have they invented something?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
How on earth do people patent the smallest of things?
Icons with rounded corners in a close grid? that's patented?!

I don't think they understand how incredibly small a deal this is, nobody's losing money over this nor are they protecting anybody's invention, If I was to design a UI I would probably do the same thing, it's like a standard except you get sued for using it..

Apple isn't protecting anything, they just want a reason to pounce on the competition.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]json[/nom]who is Sumsung?[/citation]
The world's largest private conglomerate, which owns Samsung Electronics, the world's largest technology company.

G

I think when the keyboard appears on the iPee, it uses small grid like Q W E R T Y...
I think this existed before... someone should sue apple!

The hardware is just a commodity... Apple needs to think bigger. It's the cloud and the connectivity... that is where the innovation must be. If all their marbles are in the tablet, they've already lost focus.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
hahahaha Apple. Once upon a time I used to think oh Apple products, pretty cool stuff. Nice looking devices and practical. And now I just think, if I buy anything Apple I'll hang myself in shame.

Do they not realize this absolutely destroys their reputation? (What's left of it anyway) People like myself who own a Galaxy S would never even dream of buying an Apple product now. It would feel like stabbing my best friend and twisting the knife nice and slow. Why would you want to alienate potential customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.