Apple Tells UPS to Hold iPhone 3G S Shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
OK? Is this such a astonishing practice? Stores get products before the launch date all the time but aren't allow to sell them until that day.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
@computabug
Thats not the point of this thread, to debate apple products. I agree with norbs, to deliver the iphone before the release day would be unfair to the rest of the consumers. I for one can't wait to get mine.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]anonymosity[/nom]haha, every damn story on here is on gizmodo first..[/citation]

Both Tom's Guide and Giz are consumer electronics/technology blogs.

cimtaurus

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]windowsmelover[/nom]Will the new iphone sync with itunes on Windows Me?[/citation]
Why would you possibly want to know that?

G

UPS has indicated that this was a part of the customs process. This is why the note says "Receiver" - from a customs perspective Apple is the receiver. This is also why they are all stopping in Louisville - international customs entry point for UPS apparently. They also indicated some will be delivered on Thursday, June 18.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]tank[/nom]@computabugThats not the point of this thread, to debate apple products. I agree with norbs, to deliver the iphone before the release day would be unfair to the rest of the consumers. I for one can't wait to get mine.[/citation]

Rest of the users be damned, the point of having a release date is having a chance to prepare yourself in every way for every day until the release. No doubt the AT&T call center, network ops center, Apple stores, AT&T stores, etc. are still making preparations for the launch, the last thing they need is for some Apple brat to come in 2 days early with their new Iphone asking why it won't send MMS or tether to their MacBook...

oh, wait...

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
PHuck you apple....release what the people paid for. Yes people are starting to hate Apple and see they are all about over charging for lack luster products... so dangle the carrot in front of the more and piss them off. Good idea... (and to all you fan boys about to spew off how great apple is, i own 3... they all suck)

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]PHuck you apple....release what the people paid for. Yes people are starting to hate Apple and see they are all about over charging for lack luster products... so dangle the carrot in front of the more and piss them off. Good idea... (and to all you fan boys about to spew off how great apple is, i own 3... they all suck)[/citation]
*sniffle sniffle*

G

I just rec'd a letter from Apple explaining that their "carrier" may have provided an incorrect delivery date and that my shipment will arive by June 19 as promised

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I ordered mine Sat, told it would take 7-14 days, checked today and with Fedex it should be at the store on the 18th @3PM for Friday pickup

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ Antilycus

Why would own three macs if you think that they suck?? That doesn't even make sense. Being a dual user with a homebuild for gaming and power and a macbook for traveling it is clear that neither brand "sucks".

A mac is overpriced but not a crappy product. Look at the base Macbook; 2.13 GHz, 2 GB's of RAM and 9400M graphics. Explain what sucks about that hardware. The 9400M is by far the best integrated chipset getting about the same fps in COD4 that my old ATI X1600 had a few years ago. Macs are expensive but very streamlined in their OS, allow to instantly connect to pretty much anything (phone, network, etc.) have zero startup apps and widget things - meaning fast startups and shutdowns, and don't get any viruses yet, so I can browse anywhere and download anything without fear. In a few years this won't be true though.

The PC on the other hand has some great advantages. Bang for your Buck, overclocking (running my e6300 wolfdale at 4 GHz), the latest hardware, pretty much every game, driect x instead of OpenGL (although OpenGL could be a lot better if people coded for it, look at ET: Quake Wars, an OpenGL game). My Homebuild with a Gigabyte EP35-UD3R , E6300 @ 4 GHz (400*10) , GTX 260 , 4 GB's of DDR2, and windows 7 cost less then my macbook.

Both companies macs and PC's are both very different and very good.

G

Just spoke with UPS. It will be delivered by 1030A on Friday.
I was one of those that tracked the flight from HK to AK to KY. What fun... :)
HKAKKY for sure.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
um I bought a 2500 dollar dual core 1.0ghz G4 from apple. Next month they released the G5... While its true their operating system is better, all these updates keep killing it.. For an example, try Safari 4 on a G4 processor. (or a dual core g4 w/ 1.5 gb of ram). I am sure the intel apples are somewhat great... but guess what, i've been burned enough. And i have 2 ibooks that I've purchased online and repaired. Apples costs for a new monitor 780 dollars(not including labor). Ebays price...110 dollars + my own labor. But i've been in computers since dos 5.0 and am so tired of them. I would rather scratch my nuts all day then go home and sit on a computer, when i get paid to do it all day.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ Antilycus

Don't base opinions like apple "sucks" upon you trying to install the latest apps on a 6-7 year old computer. I sure if you got a 6-7 year old PC and tried to put Safari 4, IE 8, etc. it would also suck.

I to have an old PPC G4 that I tinker around with. I would never run Leopard on it though. Stick with software the was made for the computer your trying to run it on

Status
Not open for further replies.