Apple Testing iPhone on T-Mobile USA (Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I wonder what the 3G bands of ATT will look like after they integrate T-mobile's network. That means either they'll keep all the 3g bands, pretty much adding the AWS 1700 to their line-up, or they will eliminate the AWS altogether and just expand the current 3G. Either way, the phones with AWS radios will be limited to current T-mob coverage, which does not make much sense... If you have a 3G phone with ATT they need to provide same 3G coverage regardless of the radio inside.
Wait and see, I guess..

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why the proto?Change of SIM would work right?They should know how to "jailbreak" their own phone right?[/citation]
Is a proto, means not yet in production.
no jailbreak needed, the phone is factory-unlocked. and no need for third-party apps. They're just testing the radio.

sabrex

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Is a proto, means not yet in production. no jailbreak needed, the phone is factory-unlocked. and no need for third-party apps. They're just testing the radio.[/citation]

A change of SIM does not work because T-Mobile runs on AWS1700, and AT&T doesn't. It's the same reason Canadian Wind and Mobilicity customers cannot currently use the iPhone on their respective networks whereas Rogers, Bell, and Telus customers can since they use the standard UMTS/HSPA network that most of the rest of the world, including AT&T, uses. I may be mistaken, but I believe that if Apple wanted to, they could use the current 1X/EVDO iPhone 4 used by Verizon for Sprint as well without modification.

saxplayingcompnerd

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
toms, every article has spam for comments GET RID OF THE SPAMMERS BEFORE YOU LOSE YouR READERS

FYI everyone, the report spam comments box has no word limit.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
This is probably not really a good move on Apples part.. Seeing as how the smartest thing for AT&T to do when they acquire tmobile is to combine their coverage, and in essence buying the spectrum.. so a Quad band radio for 850/1700/1900/2100 HSPA in an iPhone 4 GSM would make since, as it would be a single production unit for ALL GSM carriers at that point.. but this would make too much sense

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
AT&T or T-Mobile is the same network...just wait untill AT&T take over T-Mobile, they will destroy that company and it's customers, lol.....Verizon all the way

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]sabrex[/nom]A change of SIM does not work because T-Mobile runs on AWS1700, and AT&T doesn't. It's the same reason Canadian Wind and Mobilicity customers cannot currently use the iPhone on their respective networks whereas Rogers, Bell, and Telus customers can since they use the standard UMTS/HSPA network that most of the rest of the world, including AT&T, uses. I may be mistaken, but I believe that if Apple wanted to, they could use the current 1X/EVDO iPhone 4 used by Verizon for Sprint as well without modification.[/citation]
you quoted the wrong comment, dude... lol

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I really wish Tomhardware would put a filter on in order to stop these stupid spammers. I hate it when people use comment sections to post advertisements...

Status
Not open for further replies.