It will require a special Apple charging station that costs more than the competition charges for theirs. Also there will be a new model release once a year that gets .001% more miles per charge but is manufactured with increasingly cheaper and cheaper parts and labor every update yet always costs the same or more than the previous model. It will be the greatest car ever built because Apple invented electricity and also electric cars and will pay the patent office to prove it.
GM and Tesla are working on electric cars that get 200 miles per charge and cost under $40,000 ... Apple is working on an electric car that is exactly the same and costs $350,000.
Also, this is going to be hilarious once they discover that nobody outside of California wants to buy electric cars, and even in California it's a dumb move to own one since the state mandates that electricity cost 45 cents per kilowatt hour.
Ten Reasons not To Buy an Apple car :
1. The first model will crash, a lot
2. The antenna won’t pick up radio (but it’s all your fault)
3. Bono will be on the stereo, whether you like him or not
4. It’ll cost twice as much as a Google car that’s also a bit bigger
5. There will be a social network to let you share your favourite drives
6. The built-in GPS will be Apple Maps
7. After three years software updates will make it slow to a crawl
8. It’ll bend badly if you drive it wearing skinny hipster jeans
9. You’ll be able to buy a solid gold version
10. And of course … the battery will run out by 4pm every day
- The Guardian -
One more reason :
If Apple sells a branded vehicle
It will likely be made by other companies in foreign factories by workers getting paid substandard wages working in unsafe conditions , working egregious hours and living under substandard conditions and of course with foreign sourced parts .
Profits will likely be held offshore as usual with overseas shell companies to avoid paying US taxes all the above in accordance with Apple's usual long standing best practices of course ?/.
in Quebec, their is a company that makes an electric car and can support cold temperature for about 12 000 $ (a few years ago I saw it on the news)
But can't sell it in Canada / USA because it's illegal..... (pressure form car manufacturer's and government)
We sit on a throne of lies build by companies so they can maximize their profits.