Apple to Gizmodo: Return That $5,000 iPhone 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Woohoo! Fun fun fun.

Kinda blows the grand unveiling of the phone they had (supposedly) planned for the summer. It would be really dumb if they unveil it in a the way they revealed the ipad, considering everyone's knows about it already LOL

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I never believed the fact that somebody just figured out this was a prototype... Id say that 99.9% of the people that could have found it accidentally would have been fooled by the casing.

I think this is simply a viral marketing campaign orchestrated by apple to raise interest in the iFail 4G.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Gizmodo more than made up for the cost of obtaining the device through it's advertising and increased mind share. I don't think they are to worried about the cost of things.

G

If you lost your phone, and someone found it and posted all your personal data on the internet, wouldn't you sue?

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I wonder what the engineer to lawyer ratio is at apple. I'm betting it is much higher than any other IT company.

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]jesuslovesbacon[/nom]If you lost your phone, and someone found it and posted all your personal data on the internet, wouldn't you sue?[/citation]

What does that have to do with this? Nothing.

I'm still lauging at all the naysayers from previous articles that showed basically the same backing and cried "FAKE!" all over the place.

Whatever the reason or method that Gizmodo came across this, if Apple is asking for it back, it would behoove them to give it up.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]jesuslovesbacon[/nom]If you lost your phone, and someone found it and posted all your personal data on the internet, wouldn't you sue?[/citation]
Apple remotely disabled the phone....So all Gizmodo could do was marvel at the hardware.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]I wonder what the engineer to lawyer ratio is at apple. I'm betting it is much higher than any other IT company.[/citation]

As low as it might be, it's still way higher than the Jobs yes-nodder to thinker ratio...

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Steve Jobs: "Say it!"
Gizmodo: "Say what?"
Steve Jobs: "Say eeeet!!!"
Gizmodo: *sighs* "iStole it"
Steve Jobs: "Good Gizmodo...nice Gizmodo"
Gizmodo: "Can I buy it unlocked for $200?"
Steve Jobs: "Sorry, no"
Gizmodo: "Can I install anything I want on it?"
Steve Jobs: "Sorry, no"