Apple to Sell 3G iPhone Off-Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Why don't they just charge $400 for the phone and $8 less per month for their service. Then this idea might actually be worth something. As of now you pay for an overpriced phone and you pay a high rate for your service. Quite the rip-off.

cablechewer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I have been eyeing the iPhones of some coworkers and I really like the device, but because I frequently travel between the US and Canada being locked into either Rogers or AT&T is not a good thing. There is no way in hell I would ever pay for 2 iPhones and 2 plans.

My coworkers have never tried crossing the US/Canada border with their iPhones. Does anyone know if getting one of these without a contract would allow me to easily switch between carriers as I hop back and forth across the border? or would I end up locked in with whichever carrier I selected first?

Anyone know of a US/Canada phone plan that doesn't charge roaming fees when you leave the carrier's home country? Well I can dream can't I...

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
$700 will scare me off easily. I just don't think people are willing to pay that much on a phone during the decline of the economy. I do own an iphone 3g 16gb with overprice 2yrs contract. I'm thinking of signing off the contract but they charges for everything these days and other carrier charges about the same amount for a 3g data plan anyway so might as well [bang head] and learn to live with an overpriced contract or until some other carrier decided to lowered their prices. Contract shouldn't be so long, it's disturbing to see so many company take advantage of their customers like this.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]maiusernaim[/nom]pointless article on a worthless phone[/citation]

Hey, hey now. Nothing Jane writes is pointless....You go girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.