Apple TV Playback

CordedCastle7

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
I've had an apple tv for about 3 years now and it has never failed. It is mainly used for watching Netflix and content from the itunes store. Recently, I purchased a whole season of a show on itunes and it plays perfectly on my ipad 2. Whenever attempting to play on Apple TV though, it gets stuck at loading animation and does nothing. I have a strong internet connection and have tried disconnecting the apple tv power and hdmi, as well as disconnecting and reconnecting to the network. I also tried signing out and back in. None of these have worked and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Any help is appreciated.
Thx

Solution
If it is one of the older gen Apple TVs and the new show was bought in HD, chances are it won't work. The better HD encoding Apple uses now in the iTunes Store isn't supported on the 1st gen Apple TV and you can run into issues with the 2nd gen one as well. If it's a new one then a Standard Reset is the way to go first, then if that doesn't work try Master Reset.

STFLightning

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
If it is one of the older gen Apple TVs and the new show was bought in HD, chances are it won't work. The better HD encoding Apple uses now in the iTunes Store isn't supported on the 1st gen Apple TV and you can run into issues with the 2nd gen one as well. If it's a new one then a Standard Reset is the way to go first, then if that doesn't work try Master Reset.

Solution