News Apple Vision Pro — I asked 3 analysts who tried it if this headset will fly or flop

Jun 15, 2023
You know why contact lenses are popular? Because people would rather stick a finger in their eye then distract from their appearance.

Industrial use... Military... Expense toy...ok. But not mass market.

Does make viewing NSFW stuff easier.

About as much chance as a paperless office.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023
Approximately same functionality and price as the MS Hololens. Probably the same market too, industrial, design, military. It's hard to beat a computer that can fit in your pocket when you don't need it for mass market.

Jun 16, 2023
I’ve seen too many people make the iPhone/blackberry comparison for predicting the success of this product. I just don’t see it taking over at this price. It doesn’t seem to be for gaming nor will it boost productivity comfortably. Large uhd monitors are so cheap now. I had the original oculus and have the quest 2, all these hmd’s increase forehead acne too. The only pro I see is increased focus (I have ADD) due to its immersiveness. But is it worth the trade offs (natural light, and more air to face)? They don’t replace desktops.

May 30, 2023
What a puff piece written by kids. There is nothing here that is innovative. We have been promised VR for 40 years.. Apple sticks a laptop on your face and this is the one?

Mixing VR/AR in the same device is beyond shortsighted. There is no real consumer need or want for VR. AR has some applications that could be useful in our day to day lives. That's hard to do though, so Apple gives us ski goggles with horsepower that already existed.

Lay off the fanboy.

Jun 18, 2023
What I found interesting out of all the analysis is that Sony is only allowing apple a 100,000 screens a year. Whilst it factory is capable of 900,000 this suggests Sony has some major non apple uses for those screens. Most of the other sensor's are rumour to be Sony and not apple technology as well.

It going to be interesting to see if Sony comes out with a similar or even superior product to apple in the near future.

None of this is going to take off until they look like regular glasses or until they have contact lenses with this technology.