Apple Wants Engineers for iPhone Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Other sources have stated that the job listings were up before the iphone 4 problems became apparent. Correlation vs. Causation I suppose.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]nonxcarbonx[/nom]Other sources have stated that the job listings were up before the iphone 4 problems became apparent. Correlation vs. Causation I suppose.[/citation]

Other sources even mention Apple as being superior to its competitors. One source I managed to trace back to the natives in the Amazon Rainforest even said Jobs is the Lord of All Organisms in the Universe...

NikTorious

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Why?Aren't they just holding it wrong?[/citation]One word for you, 'Android'.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Job: No problem with the iPhone 4G antenna, the way you handle the iPhone is the problem. (You're the stupid)

... but we try to hire 3 antenna enginners...
... to fix future issue on ... next iPhone/iPad.
... No problem with the iPhone 4G antenna.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]NikTorious[/nom]Its simple. Its poor manufacturing by Apple.[/citation]
correction, Foxconn manufactures their entire line of ipods and iPhones

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]correction, Foxconn manufactures their entire line of ipods and iPhones[/citation]
They make it to Apples specs, so umm yea bad design by Apple.

NikTorious

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]So funny, the Nexus One has the same issues, yet no one even thinks about it. But hell, welcome to the stupid have no real reason other than flaming at apple makes you cool site. If Apple does something wrong it's because they are stupid, when they do something better than the competition it doesn't matter. Apple is overpriced, and yet, the Iphone 4 is just a tad less expensive than other Android phones. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetre [...] lems/14081[/citation]No, you can buy the HTC Hero or Wildfire for much less at 300 euro.

NikTorious

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]The HTC Hero and Wildfire are bottom of the range phones.[/citation] How are they bottom of the range phones? Very good phones in my mind.

failboat

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
They are going to fix it in the next gen. Lol, so the ones still being made in the factory will have the known problem.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]nonxcarbonx[/nom]Other sources have stated that the job listings were up before the iphone 4 problems became apparent. Correlation vs. Causation I suppose.[/citation]

Maybe Apple knew about the antenna problems before the phone was officially released, but didn't have the resources to re-design it?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]NikTorious[/nom]How are they bottom of the range phones? Very good phones in my mind.[/citation]

You're like 7 months behind, champ. And comparing a Phone with a A7 CPU and 320x res to a phone with a Cortex-A8 based chip and 960x res screen.... that just makes you look... like you shouldn't be commenting.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]JimmiG[/nom]Maybe Apple knew about the antenna problems before the phone was officially released, but didn't have the resources to re-design it?[/citation]

The Antenna doesn't need to be "re-designed". If you're going to look at a good neutral-ish source, Anandtech reviewed the iPhone4's antenna to suffer the "death grip" phenominon when your touch bridges the 2 external antennas, but showed that this results in drop calls only if the signal was very weak to begin with... the iPhone4 does a great job of hanging onto a weak signal so long as this doesn't occur. Other sources suggest that you can shield the sensitive area with solutions as simple as a piece of scotch tape.

Apple just clearly didn't test the device enough under low signal conditions to identify the problem, since it'd be really really cheap to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.