Question apple watch vs fitbit + subscription TCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lognman555

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
dears, I am trying to figure out the 3 year tco of a smartwatch/tracker. I have an iPhone SE2020. The question is - do you get all apps for free with apple watch (thus it makes sense to make the initial investment)? With fitbit, you have to pay each year for the app 80 USD/year, so for 3 years it is 240 USD, which makes it close to the tco of the apple watch.
[keep training :)]

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
dears, I am trying to figure out the 3 year tco of a smartwatch/tracker. I have an iPhone SE2020. The question is - do you get all apps for free with apple watch (thus it makes sense to make the initial investment)? With fitbit, you have to pay each year for the app 80 USD/year, so for 3 years it is 240 USD, which makes it close to the tco of the apple watch.
[keep training :)]

I did not know fitbit bit require a subscription for some of their features. Had to look that one up. Anyway, apple does not require a subscription to use their features.

lognman555

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
I did not know fitbit bit require a subscription for some of their features. Had to look that one up. Anyway, apple does not require a subscription to use their features.
My point exactly :). If you are an iPhone user, it is clear that Apple Watch is the best choice (especially if you are more on the smartwatch features side than the fitness tracking side). Fitbit's value proposition is also offering a lot of google-ish features, that an Apple user would not benefit from.

So, if you could get similar features without paid subscription from Apple, comparing to the paid subscription features of Fitbit, one would go for the expensive Apple 6 Watch as the TCO for 3-4 years would get even.

What do you think?

jagdishsingh

Banned
BANNED
Jan 13, 2021
Fitbit watch is a good product where all kinds of facilities are available like you will get a notification for messages, calls on the one click you can connect and disconnect the call as well and the battery life is also good

Status
Not open for further replies.