Apple's iPad Ebooks Won't Use Adobe DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
^Beat me to it! But I agree there is nothing fair about that! Sounds like a market control move to me. I will not be purchasing one of these . I'm building my own tablet........ That can run what ever I want! 17" of pure awesomeness. performance wise .... I believe it should kick the crap out of apples feminine hygiene pad considering its a laptop i5 board and proc. Just wait for my thread!!!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Until they come out with a unerversal approach (like .jpg or.mp3) no digital books for me or readers. My laptop does just fine.

G

What a greedy move by apple. I am against all forms of DRM, but I expect big business to use it any chance they can. But refusing to use what is now the universal "standard" for e-books is really greedy.

G

flash or no flash...
http://www.200linx.com will help you use your iPad better.
it has all the internet in one click...
its your next Home Page
no more trying clicking to search what you need, aimply use 200linx and it will make your websearching a lot easier...

applocalypse

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
The future of publishing has arrived. The publishers will jump on this as it basiclly ties the content to the device. This model will finally put an end to people sharing/reselling books and insure that as much as is possible the publisher will receive a payment from every last person that reads a book. A few years from now paperback books will begin to fade away and only e-books will available after the first printing hard cover editions.

All made possible by the incredible vision of Apple.

Welcome to the Applocalypse....

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Another perfect example of why many people won't buy Apple products. Their devices are the
sweetest in the world, and the people who run it and make all the decisions are those of the most
retarded. They are Money greedy S.O.B. that don't care about you, all they care about is filing their
pockets with as much money as they possibly can. your needs aren't important to Apple cause you mean
nothing to them, you just haven't realized it yet.

kyzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
You just know that somewhere at the bottom of this is Apple throwing a childish hissy fit because Adobe wouldn't pay some kind of license fee or other...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Its all about the money! Your money in this case if you own/plan to purchase it - Why allow competition when its bad for the proffit.

Why open up for others when you can reap all the Appleoids money yourself, and it seems to be easy too...

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]abhinav_mall[/nom]DRM is just a pain in ass for user who buy legitimate material. Thank-god paperback doesn't come with a DRM !!![/citation]

It doesn't need DRM since it's not stored in digital form. The content of a paperback is considerably harder to transfer to another device than the e-book on an Apple device, DRM or not. Both legally and practically. That doesn't really bother me at all. I still prefer the paperback. Wonderful technology. ...And the author gets paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.