Apple's MacBook Pro - All This and Windows Too

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Busto963

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Lots of people don't care because its not their computer. If the computer breaks or slows down or whatever, its not their fault, they just get IT involved and they get a new machine. Irresponsible people are alot of the problem with security.

Exactly, the computer is essentially a "free good" like air; people get free use of the good, but feel no responsibility for maintaining the good. We would have a lot less air pollution if, for example, a refinery smoke stack vented directly into the owner's house! That would give you a pretty clear incentive to get your operation cleaned up wouldn't it? :wink:

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Not really the point of this article, if you are going to spend about 1700-2000 then this laptop offers a very compelling reason to buy a MacBook Pro instead of an HP or Dell, just go to the store and try the keyboard for one, if you type a lot like I do then you will know why this is a nice peice of hardware. Now desktops might be a different issue but you can almost dedicate this system to Windows if you like and again I think you will find the keyboard a dream to use.

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
The article does mention the keyboard aspect of the MacBook Pro, but it really should be emphasized. they keys have a wonderful feel to them. Just the right amount of pressure keys the keyboard. The keys have an even feel to them.

Another feature that I feel is worth pointing out is the screen. It has an excellent contrast ratio, nice and bright, clear and crisp display. It is of better quality than the ones that I have seen in the past. As I mentioned in other posts, the reason to buy an Apple over an HP or Dell is the fit and finish of the Apple. They give you the extra 20% quality. If you care about the "quality" of your computing experience then I highly recommend the Macbook pro.

TRENDING THREADS