Solved! Apps are not coming after the laptop starts, screen is coming but unable to click the windows button also and main application

Nov 10, 2018
Apps are not coming when laptop is turned on, even unable to click the windows button and just the cursor starts scrolling when clicked on anything by right clicking. Please give the possible solution

Try starting the device in "Safe Mode" and see if the you can click on things in there. Yes, some things won't load in that mode. It is restricted, but you will be able to tell if the problem is hardware (still can't click) or software. If it works in "Safe Mode" then you have something interfering on the laptop. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. which will have to be located and removed.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Try starting the device in "Safe Mode" and see if the you can click on things in there. Yes, some things won't load in that mode. It is restricted, but you will be able to tell if the problem is hardware (still can't click) or software. If it works in "Safe Mode" then you have something interfering on the laptop. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. which will have to be located and removed.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2