Sheylenna

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I need to know how to move apps from internal storage to a micro SD card. Because what is the use of external storage if you can't use it? My phone is an LG K10.

Solution
You could go down the road of installing a Custom ROM and fetch up with a better chance of turning your device into a brickthan simply rooting it.

It's a mystery to me why they did that in KitKat but it is a fact, I'm afraid. There's always the option of getting out of the "must have the latest" and buy an older phone with Ice-Cream Sandwich, for example.
At a guess, I'd say you're running on KitKat because all the earlier flavours of Android allowed it in Settings>Storage.

It can be done but you would need to root the device first. Try downloading Kingo Root on to your Windows PC then connect the device via USB. You need to check the setting to allow USB debugging before it can connect.

Run Kingo Root and post back if you want through the whole process. It would help uif you download Terminal Emulator and Root File Manager from the Play Store first. They're both free and trusted downloads.

Sheylenna

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Sheylenna

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Ok so why has the feature to put stuff on SD cards been removed when internal storage is getting smaller an app games are getting more popular? My phone says its running kernel? And is there a way to get an android version that will allow SD storage with out rooting the phone? I heard that rooting the phone could break it.

You could go down the road of installing a Custom ROM and fetch up with a better chance of turning your device into a brickthan simply rooting it.

It's a mystery to me why they did that in KitKat but it is a fact, I'm afraid. There's always the option of getting out of the "must have the latest" and buy an older phone with Ice-Cream Sandwich, for example.

Solution