Apps with weird names stopped working.

berny2220

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
When I turn my pc on and my windows loads I get messages that some random.exe has stopped working. Apps have weird names I've never heard. I have a feeling that letters are randomized ("xtfdsf.exe") for example..

Screenshot

Is this a virus?

akaChromez

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
This possibly could be, Viruses randomize their process names to help them stay hidden from AVs for longer, I recommend going into task manager and checking if any more of these weirdly named processes are running, and also download Malware Bytes, Run a Scan (On Both MBAM and your AV) ( also try killing the process to see if comes back, and if it does, right click ind press "Go to service" and stop it)

akaChromez

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
This possibly could be, Viruses randomize their process names to help them stay hidden from AVs for longer, I recommend going into task manager and checking if any more of these weirdly named processes are running, and also download Malware Bytes, Run a Scan (On Both MBAM and your AV) ( also try killing the process to see if comes back, and if it does, right click ind press "Go to service" and stop it)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nighty_z Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
H887 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
H Antivirus / Security / Privacy 7
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
V Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
L Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
B Antivirus / Security / Privacy 7
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3